Midsize Charter Jets
- The Gulfstream 100 is a popular mid-sized jet
- The Premier I was an attempt by its manufacturer, Raytheon
- The Falcon 20 is Dassault’s most popular jet series yet
- The Beechcraft Hawker 700 is the highly successful predecessor to the manufacturer’s Hawker 800 model
- The Beechcraft Hawker 800 combines excellent characteristics in all of the key areas for a private jet
- The Learjet 55 was designed at a time when the expansion of the private jet market was driving demand for bigger, more luxurious cabin spaces
- The Bombardier Learjet 60 always ranks at the top end of the ratings when mid-size jets are compared in terms of flight speed and maximum range abilities
- The Cessna Citation III brings together all the best aspects of its predecessors, and some innovative design and technology, to achieve a desirable balance of luxury, ability and efficiency
Fast international air travel
G100, Premier I Hawker 700 and 800 are all examples of Mid Size Jets. These aircraft are suitable for small groups of up to eight passengers who want to travel long distances at speed and do not want the inconvenience of a fuel stop. They are often more luxurious and contain a host of features not found on other lighter jets.
Falcon 20D Midsize Jet, the Learjet 60 and the Citation VII are all capable of accessing smaller runways where the larger commercial airliners cannot accommodate. Journeys like New York to Miami are possible from a far greater number of destination and arrival points shortening your overall travel times. If passenger comfort is a major issue then these jets all have an enclosed lavatory and have none of the flying by the seat of your pants feeling of the lighter jets.
Luggage capacity, always the bane of private flyers, is less restrictive than on smaller aircraft. However the older Hawker jets only have internal storage. This has been improved in the Hawker 1000 which is now one of the largest mid size aircraft and has an increase range (and more luggage space) and can accommodate an extra ninth passenger, a popular choice when budgeting.
Example Mid size jet aircraft include:
- The Learjet 40XR is an extremely competitive mid-size jet, easily beating so many of its rivals in the performance and comfort stakes.
- Bombardier’s Learjet 60XR is an updated version of the 60, with increased flight performance and a remodelled and more spacious interior.
- The Citation Excel is a mid-sized jet that is renowned for its unrivalled handling, faultless flight systems and consistency of performance
- The Citation VII is an updated version of Cessna’s Citation VI, and was so popular that it was the flagship jet in Cessna’s product line for many years.
- Because the Hawker 800XP is the third of Hawker’s 800 series, it is a combination of all the most successful aspects of its predecessors, with strong runway and flight performance, plus good payload capabilities