Private jet charter to the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
The 21st four-yearly football World Cup returns to the world stage this June for the tournament of the year. Hosted by Russia, the championship competition returns to Europe for the first time since 2006, when it was hosted by defending champion Germany. If you’re a football fanatic who wants to watch the greatest teams in the world battle for the sport’s most coveted championship cup, check out our handy guide.
History of FIFA and the World Cup
Founded in 1930 by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the World Cup is considered football’s most prestigious title. Taking place every four years since the inaugural championship in 1930 (apart from in 1942 and 1946 because of the Second World War), the tournament is comprised of 32 national teams, made up of 31 qualifying teams and the automatically qualified host nation. A point-scoring system sees teams awarded three points for a win, one point for a draw and zero points for a loss.
As the latest World Cup approaches, all eyes turn to defending champions Germany, who have won all of their qualifying matches over the past three years. Two new teams to the competition, Iceland and Panama, look set to refresh the football series as this year’s underdogs.
But before the world’s best football teams take to the pitch, the thousands-strong stadium crowds and millions watching live broadcasts look forward to the opening ceremony, which features dramatic fireworks and performances from world-famous musicians. While the lineup has yet to be announced, if 2014’s headliners Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull are anything to go by, 2018’s opening ceremony is set to be a showstopper.
Russia: host with the most
In 2010, Russia was announced as the 2018 FIFA World Cup host nation after securing the most votes during the bidding process. Since then, the world’s largest country has been preparing 12 venues in 11 cities to host the tournament’s 64 matches. Spectators can look forward to dozens of gruelling 90-minute matches, in which longtime rivals battle it out to qualify for the next round.
This includes the meeting of Group B’s two Iberian Peninsula rivals, current European champions Portugal and Spain, who have dominated the qualifiers so far; while in Group G, the crème de la crème of the UK’s Premier League takes to the pitch when England battle Belgium on June 28. In Group F, defending World Cup champions Germany are set to battle CONCACAF dominator Mexico on June 17. The winners of each group qualify for the next round until we reach the final, when the new FIFA World Cup Champions are crowned and automatically qualify for the 2021 FIFA Confederations Cup.
Private jet charter to the World Cup final in Moscow
The World Cup final is scheduled to take place on July 15, 2018, at Luzhniki Stadium in Russia’s capital city of Moscow. During each release, tickets have sold out in seconds, meaning the Last Minute Sale Period starting on April 18 could be your last chance to attend. Tickets are released on a first-come-first-served basis and divided into three price categories for each round of the tournament. Five popular options are listed below:
- Opening Match: Category 1 admission-only tickets cost £387, Category 2 tickets cost £275 and Category 3 tickets cost £155.
- Semi-Finals: Category 1 admission-only tickets cost £528, Category 2 tickets cost £334 and Category 3 tickets cost £320.
- Final: Category 1 admission-only tickets cost £775, Category 2 tickets cost £500 and Category 3 tickets cost £320.
- Match Club Package: Includes Category 1 admission, hospitality hostess welcome, hospitality experience adjacent to the stadium and a hospitality service with food and drink before and after the match. Also includes the use of standing tables; TV screens and a pub-style bar; reserved parking; and a commemorative gift. £3,878 per person; purchase here.
- Match Business Seat Package: Includes a dedicated welcome area with hostesses, prime seats within the top category sector, shared hospitality lounge inside the stadium and a seated four-course buffet-style dining experience. Also includes the option to reserve a table in the lounge; a premium beverage service before the match, during halftime and after the match; reserved parking; and an exclusive commemorative gift. £9,308 per person; purchase here.
To watch the final live, simply charter a private jet to Moscow which is served by three major international airports:
- Moscow Domodedovo Airport, situated 42 km south of Moscow, has just undergone major reconstruction ahead of the tournament.
- Sheremetyevo International Airport, located 35 km from central Moscow, is the largest airport in Russia. It sits 37 km from Luzhniki Stadium, which will host many of FIFA’s tournament matches.
- Moscow Vnukovo Airport,situated 28 km from the centre of Moscow, is Russia’s oldest operating airport, which, along with Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo Airport, serves the majority of national domestic and international flights.
What to see in Russia
Between supporting your favourite team during their World Cup matches, explore Russia’s exquisite cities and towns. Pay a visit to Moscow’s iconic Red Square, which has played a pivotal role in Russia’s rich and vibrant history and is home to landmarks including Lenin’s tomb and St Basil’s Cathedral. The magnificent nearby Kremlin dates back to 1156 and is the home of Russian state power. Be sure to make a stop at Gorky Park and Tretyakov Gallery, which contains the world's largest collection of Russian art; or escape the city on a day-trip to the 14th-century town of Sergiev-Possad, one of the nation’s most historic and celebrated religious sites which is scattered with stunning cathedrals and palaces.
If you’re planning to enjoy the World Cup like a VIP, it makes sense to start your trip in fitting style. Book a private jet with Air Charter Service to any of Moscow’s airports, which are all a short drive from the FIFA final stadium. For more information or to discuss private jet prices, contact us and one of our dedicated account managers will help you arrange a luxurious and bespoke trip.