What you need to know about private jet charter from California to Georgia
If you are planning a trip to Atlanta for business or are attending the Masters in Augusta, Georgia, you may want to charter a private jet. The southern state of Georgia covers an area of 59,425 square miles and has many airports that cater to private hiring private planes. Here you can find out which are the best airports to fly to and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top cities and private jet airports in California
- Van Nuys Airport, located in the San Fernando Valley, is a popular choice for private jet charter in Los Angeles, ideal for those who want to avoid Los Angeles International.
- Bob Hope Airport, north of Los Angeles, is smaller than Los Angeles International Airport and is a convenient airport to depart from if you’re setting off from Universal Studios or Hollywood.
- San Diego International Airport is ideally located just over two miles northwest of downtown San Diego, a favorite destination for business and leisure.
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, making it ideal for business charters and those flying in for meetings.
- Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport is located three miles north of Long Beach, a popular beach destination, and is also easily accessed from downtown Los Angeles and northern Orange County.
Top cities and private jet airports in Georgia
The southeastern US state of Georgia is bordered by Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama. The state is home to 10.1 million people, with the designated state capital, Atlanta, home to around 448,000 permanent residents. Atlanta is the state’s centre for business and is the location of the global headquarters for CNN and Coca-Cola. Atlanta is also the main city for tourism, with attractions including Georgia Aquarium – the largest aquarium in the world – Coca-Cola Museum and State Mountain Park. The city is the birthplace of Martin Luther King and there is a museum here in his honor. Atlanta is a city celebrated for its sports, with major venues like Mercedes-Benz Stadium and the Atlanta Motor Speedway racecourse. The second largest city in the state after Atlanta is Augusta, followed by Columbus, Macon and Savannah.
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport – Located seven miles south of the central business district of Atlanta, Georgia, this is a major airport with lots of traffic.
- Fulton County Airport – If you want to avoid Atlanta International Airport, which is one of the busiest in the US, this is your best bet, located just 10 miles from Downtown Atlanta in Fulton County.
- Atlanta South Regional Airport – Located three miles west of the CBD of Hampton, this is the nearest airport if you are flying in for an event at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Augusta Regional Airport – Situated just 20 minutes from Augusta National Golf Club, this is the best airport to fly to if you are attending the Masters Golf Tournament.
- Columbus Airport – This is the best airport if you are visiting the city of Columbus, Georgia, located just three miles from the CBD of the city.
How long is the flight from California to Georgia?
It takes around five hours to fly from California to Georgia, depending on which airports you fly between and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of California to Georgia journey times:
- Flying from San Diego International Airport to Atlanta International Airport on a very light jet like Embraer Phenom 300, which carries seven passengers, will take around 5 hours 12 minutes.
- Flying from Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport to Augusta Regional Airport on a light jet like the Bombardier Learjet 35 36, which can carry six passengers, will take approximately 4 hours 57 minutes.
- A flight from Van Nuys Airport to Augusta Regional Airport on a heavy jet, such as the Gulfstream V, which can carry 16 passengers, will take 4 hours 59 minutes.
- From Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport to Fulton County Airport on a midsize jet like Hawker Beechcraft 800, with eight passengers, will take 5 hours 2 minutes.
Top 2018 events in Georgia
The Masters Golf Tournament, is a prestigious event that is held annually at the Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia. This year’s Masters will take place from April 2nd – 8th. The first of the four major international golfing tournaments, many attendees choose to start the season off in style with a private jet charter. A private jet charter to the Masters not only provides comfort and convenience, but can also be an economical choice for groups that are traveling together.
The Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 takes place at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Georgia on February 25th. The Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, draw in crowds from all around the US.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from California to Georgia?
This will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team who will run you through your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will be assigned to you who will take care of everything, so that all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.