Lakefront Airport is situated four nautical miles northeast of the CBD of New Orleans, in Orleans Parish, Louisiana. Lakefront Airport was originally named Shushan Airport after president Abraham Shushan. In February 1934 it was renamed New Orleans Airport and assigned the airport code NEW despite its current name.
The airport was badly damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and then again in 2012 by Hurricane Isaac but was quickly brought back to service both times. Lakefront Airport offers scheduled passenger service to non -stop destinations via Southern Airways Express.
Should you require private jet hire at Lakefront Airport, look no further than Air Charter Service, with their unrivalled service and selection.
Private Jet Charter to Lakefront Airport
- Location:New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
- Airport Code: NEW
- Runway Length:6879 ft, 3697 ft
- Co-ordinates: 30°02′33″N 090°01′42″W
- Airport Address: 6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70126, United States
- Nearest Towns/Cities: New Orleans (7.2 miles), Metairie (8.77 miles)