Charter a private jet from Illinois to Delaware
Thomas Jefferson called Delaware a “jewel” among the states, which is how it came by the nickname “The Diamond State”. This is a pretty good indication of what you can expect from a vacation here: pristine beaches, tax-free luxury shopping and fine dining. Experience Delaware’s history, grand mansions and spectacular gardens; and make time to indulge in some spa pampering while in the heart of Chateau Country. You’ll be pleased you decided to charter a private jet from Illinois to Delaware when you return from your vacation in style and fully rested.
Top private jet airport in Illinois
- Bolingbrook’s Clow International Airport is a public-use airport in Bolingbrook, Will County. It’s located 29 miles southwest of the Chicago Loop and is classed as a small general aviation facility that caters to students, private pilots and commuter aircraft.
- Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport sits close to some of Illinois’ finest hotels, eateries and cultural and sporting venues.
- Chicago Rockford International Airport is located in Winnebago County, four miles south of the city center of Rockford and 85 miles northwest of Chicago. Established in 1946, it’s the third-busiest airport in Northern Illinois, serving nearly 102,000 passengers in 2016.
- St Louis Downtown Airport is close to St. Louis’ central business district (CBD), a hub of tourism and entertainment.
Top private jet airports in Delaware
- Delaware Airpark, serving the Dover area, is located one mile west of Cheswold CBD in Kent County. It’s home to 45 based aircraft and Delaware State University's flight training program, and serves both corporate and recreational flyers year-round. The airport is especially busy during the summer months, when Delaware State conducts NASA and Air Force ROTC pilot training.
- Delaware Coastal Airport is a public-use airport in Sussex County. Owned by the Sussex County Council, it sits two miles southeast of Georgetown CBD.
- Summit Airport is located five miles north of the Middletown CBD in New Castle County and is privately owned by Summit Aviation, Inc.
- Wilmington Airport is situated in unincorporated New Castle County and is owned by the Delaware River and Bay Authority. It’s located five miles south of Wilmington and about 30 miles from Philadelphia.
How long does it take to fly from Illinois to Delaware?
- Flights to Delaware take two hours and 11 minutes from Quad City International Airport to Delaware Airpark on a Bombardier Learjet 31; an American built, twin-engined, high-speed business jet. Beautifully designed, the Learjet 31 can carry up to six passengers in comfort. Its ability to reach high altitudes and fast cruise speeds makes it a popular choice.
- It takes just under two hours to fly from O’Hare International Airport to Delaware Coastal Airport in a Gulfstream G550, which combines incredible speed and range with excellent interior features. The interior allows for up to four distinct areas, complete with numerous multimedia resources, and can seat and entertain up to 16 passengers.
- The Hawker Beechcraft Premier I IA can get you from Chicago Rockland International Airport to Summit Airport in two hours. This aircraft accommodates six passengers and has a roomy cabin for a light jet, with folding tables, four club seats, two forward seats and a partitioned aft toilet.
Top events in Delaware
Steampunk in Milton
The Steampunk Tree House started life as an art installation. Today, it’s a private pub for a brewery's employees. Created by artist Sean Orlando and the Five Ton Crane Collective, the installation was originally commissioned as an art project for the popular Burning Man desert event and later found a permanent home outside a Delaware brewery. The 40-foot metal tree is made of welded girders and plates, with craggy branches reaching up over the hut resting atop its trunk.
Versailles in Wilmington
You’ll want to take your time wandering through the rooms of Nemours Estate. No expense was spared in the building of this 77-room mansion set in 300 acres of land. American industrialist Alfred I. du Pont built the estate as a gift for his second wife. Designed to resemble the castles of France, it boasts the largest French-style formal gardens in North America, covering 10 acres and featuring a one-acre reflecting pool, fountains, a colonnade, decorative sculptures and a Temple of Love with a sculpture of Diana the Huntress inside. Don’t miss the Sunken Gardens’ grottos and fountains. Nemours was eventually donated to a children’s hospital set up by du Pont, with a trust established for its upkeep.
Delaware Art Museum
This museum in Wilmington has the largest collection of pre-Raphaelite paintings outside of the U.K. It has a total of 12,000 pieces, with a particular emphasis on American and pre-Raphaelite art. You can also enjoy the museum’s tranquil sculpture garden, with a number of works on display.
The Fiji Merman in Lewes
Zwaanendael Museum opened its doors in celebration of the 300th anniversary of Zwaanendael, Delaware’s first Dutch colony. The building was created to look exactly like a well-preserved example of 7th-century Dutch architecture, taking its inspiration from the old city hall in Hoorn in the Netherlands. Inside, you’ll find objects and information detailing the county’s maritime and terrestrial history and its earliest European inhabitants. Many visitors come to Zwaanendael to see one particular curiosity, the Fiji Merman: a shrunken monkey’s head sewn onto the body of a fish, which was made in China in the 19th Century.
Dressing John Milton
The Delaware town of Milton is named after English poet John Milton. In time, a life-size statue of the poet was erected along a path called “The Governor’s Walk”. It isn’t clear how the tradition began, but the town’s folk have made it their business to dress the statue of the poet relaxing on a bench in weather-appropriate clothing. Visitors might find Milton sporting a warm winter jacket in December, a breezy shirt in July or holding a bloom in April!
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Illinois to Delaware?
This comes down to the aircraft you charter and your route. Find out more in this detailed blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get an accurate quote for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or give us a call on +1 516 432 5901. Once you’ve agreed on your itinerary, your dedicated account manager will take care of all the finer details.