What you need to know about private jet charter from Alabama to Delaware
Welcome to the second-smallest state in the United States; a jagged triangle with a rare circular border separating it from Pennsylvania the north and a whole lot of Atlantic Ocean in the east. Delaware is a great destination for a seaside getaway with its pristine beaches, tax-free shopping and friendly locals.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Scottsboro Municipal Airport serves Scottsboro, a small city where mountains meet lakes in Alabama’s beautiful northeastern corner.
- Posey Field is a small airfield outside quirky Haleyville in northwestern Alabama.
- Montgomery Regional (Dannelly Field) Airport is round-the-clock busy, thanks to its location seven miles outside the Alabama capital.
- Mobile Regional Airport is located 13 miles outside Mobile in the south of Alabama.
- Huntsville International Airport,10 miles outside downtown Huntsville, is nicknamed the Rocket City for its proud place in modern aviation history. Look out for murals depicting space missions at the airport.
Top private jet airports in Delaware
- Sussex County Airport, two miles southeast of Georgetown, is unofficially known as Georgetown Airport or Delaware Coastal Airport – the latter because it’s the preferred airport for travelers heading for a Delaware beach break.
- Summit Airport sits five miles outside Middletown in northern Delaware.
- Delaware Airpark Airport in Kent County is the home of Delaware State University's flight training program, located right near the Dover International Speedway, in case NASCAR events happen to be on your itinerary.
- New Castle Airport is also known as Wilmington Airport thanks to its proximity to Delaware’s most populous city. It’s about as busy as Delaware gets.
- Jenkins Airport is a privately-owned landing strip that belongs to Joe C Jenkins, a former WWII fighter pilot who still resides in nearby Wyoming.
How long is the flight from Alabama to Delaware?
Depending on your route and the type of aircraft you charter, you can expect to touch down in Delaware roughly two hours after leaving Alabama. Here are some examples of Alabama -to-Delaware travel times:
- It’s a short hop from Scottsboro Municipal Airport to Sussex County Airport in the eight-seater Cessna Citation V Ultra. Total travel time: an hour and 47 minutes.
- The six-seater Bombardier Learjet 40 or 40XR take just two hours and three minutes to fly from Posey Field to Summit Airport.
- Flying from Montgomery Regional Airport to Wilmington Airport in the mid-sized Hawker Beechcraft 750 takes two hours and nine minutes. Bring up to seven friends and all the luggage you like.
- Ideal for a large party, the heavy Gulfstream III carries up to 14 passengers from Huntsville International Airport to Summit Airport at high speed in under two hours.
- The Dassault Falcon 20 can reach Jenkins Airport from Mobile Regional Airport in two hours and 17 minutes. This eight-seater was the first business jet built by French manufacturer Dassault.
Top events in Delaware
Northwest of Wilmington is where you’ll find Delaware’s “Chateau Country” – the legacy of the DuPont family, one of America’s richest dynasties with a love of stately homes, lush gardens and long, curving driveways. Several of these mansions are open to the public, so if your tastes run towards regal charm, you should definitely visit elegant, Versailles-inspired Nemours and antique-laden Winterthur for an intimate look at how the other half lives.
Delaware’s most famous brewery, Dogfish Head, pumps out over 250,000 barrels of beer per year. Much of it is consumed in Rehoboth Beach; which, along with its restaurant-lined boardwalk, beach bandstand and famous shopping streets, is home to the Dogfish Head Brewing & Eats brewpub where it all began. A short drive to the south, Dewey Beach caters to the party-hearty, while even further south Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island offer quieter charm in a family-friendly setting. If you grow tired of the beach, head for the river. Delaware’s largest city, Wilmington, is located on the Christina and Delaware Rivers in the north. It’s artsy and edgy with a lively culinary scene, but its showstopper has to be the scenic one-mile Riverwalk that hugs the riverfront in Downtown Wilmington.
Here you can find out the best airports to fly from/to when chartering a private jet from Alabama to Delaware and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Delawareans love a festival and they host plenty of them, from the Apple-Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville in October to the Rehoboth Beach Chocolate Festival in March. Here are a few more to diarize.
The Firefly Music Festival is a four-day, seven-stage fest held in The Woodlands of Dover International Speedway outside the Delaware capital, Dover. It kicked off in 2012 and soon became a fixture on the June calendar, with recent editions headlined by Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Bob Dylan, Chance the Rapper, Eminem and Kendrick Lamar. Musically there’s something for everyone, plus a games arcade and silent rave. The Dogfish Head Brewery even crafts a special beer for the occasion: an IPA named Firefly Ale.
Also in June, the New Castle County Ice Cream Festival is Delaware’s largest family picnic. Held at Rockwood Park and Museum, just north of Wilmington, it features at least 10 ice-cream vendors, with a Best Sundae on Sunday competition along with other carnival fare and live music performances. And, like nearly all Delaware festivals, it’s all for a good cause.
It’s back to the beach for the annual Sea Witch Halloween and Fiddlers Festival, held in Rehoboth every October. Pack a costume for the parade (don’t forget one for your dog), take part in the broom toss and embark on what may be the world’s only Sea Witch Hunt.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alabama to Delaware?
The length of your trip will vary according to the type of aircraft you charter and your preferred route. Find out more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. For precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or call in on +1 516 432 5901. Next, a dedicated account manager will be assigned to you who will take care of everything, so all you have to do is arrive on time and travel in luxury and comfort.