A guide to private jet charter from Pennsylvania to Texas
If you’re planning a trip from Pennsylvania to Texas, why not skip the airport queues and fly in VIP style with a private jet charter? Enjoy amenities like entertainment systems and conference facilities, as well as space to dine, relax and work on board. Whether you’re traveling to the Lone Star State for business or leisure, here’s how to hire a private jet to fly there in luxury.
Top private jet airports in Pennsylvania and Texas
There are many private jet airports in Pennsylvania to choose from; here are five of the top options:
- Harrisburg International Airport – The main airport for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital, sits nine miles south of the city, which is known for its history and museums and lies on the picturesque Susquehanna River.
- Philadelphia International Airport – Philadelphia is home to ‘America’s most historic square mile’ and is a key destination for tourists and business travelers. The airport is situated less than nine miles from the central business district (CBD).
- Erie International Airport – Located five miles from Pennsylvania’s fourth-largest city, named for its nearby lake, Erie. The city is a jumping-off point for visiting the stunning Presque Isle State Park.
- Rock Airport – Also known as Pittsburgh Northeast Airport, this airport lies just 12 miles northeast of the CBD. Pittsburgh is a big business destination, as the city is home to the headquarters of a number of large corporations.
- Reading Regional Carl A Spaatz Field – Reading is Pennsylvania’s fifth-largest city and home to over 400 large companies. This airport is perfectly situated for business travelers.
These are the top five airports in Texas, America’s second-largest state:
- Dallas Love Field Airport – Lies just seven miles from downtown Dallas. The city is a commercial hub with a thriving arts district and the largest metro area in the state, popular with both business and leisure travelers.
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport – The state capital is home to the University of Texas’ flagship campus and is renowned for its nightlife and live-music scene. Austin Bergstrom Airport is located eight miles from the city.
- San Antonio International Airport – Situated eight miles north of the city, this is one of the top options for private jets. As one of the oldest cities in Texas, San Antonio boasts a rich cultural heritage and history.
- George Bush Intercontinental Houston Airport – The main airport for Houston and the 10th busiest in North America, situated less than three miles from the CBD. Houston is famous for its NASA space center and oil, banking and biomedical industries.
- El Paso International Airport – Conveniently located just four miles from downtown El Paso. The city sits on the Rio Grande close to the spectacular Franklin Mountains State Park.
How long does it take to fly from Pennsylvania to Texas?
It can take from two-and-a-half to three-and-a-half hours to fly from Pennsylvania to Texas. Exact flight times depend on the aircraft you fly in and which airports you use. To give you an idea, here are some example flight durations for the Pennsylvania to Texas journey:
- A flight from Philadelphia International to George Bush Intercontinental in a light jet like a Hawker Beechcraft 200 Premier II for six people takes three hours and 15 minutes.
- Flying from Harrisburg to Austin Bergstrom International Airport would take three hours and 25 minutes in a mid-size aircraft, such as a nine-seater Embraer Legacy 500.
- It would take two hours and 40 minutes to fly from Rock Airport to Dallas Love Field in a heavy jet like a Gulfstream V, which can seat 16 passengers.
How to fly from Pennsylvania to Texas by private jet
You can choose from a range of over 100 private jets with Air Charter Service, which have capacity for up to 19 passengers. Options include jets with offices and conference capabilities, bathrooms and bedrooms, lounges with entertainment systems, and dining facilities. Many planes have extra luggage space and even private flight attendants. Here are three of the most popular private jets to hire for a trip from Pennsylvania to Texas:
- Bombardier Learjet 40 – This popular light jet can carry six passengers and has a range of 1,982 miles. Derived from the Learjet 45, this jet has a sleek design, lavatory and ample luggage space.
- Cessna Citation XLS+ – The world’s best-selling business jet has the largest cabin in its class, so can comfortably seat nine passengers. The aircraft has a range of 2,053 miles, a lavatory, wifi and entertainment and telecommunication system.
- Dassault Falcon 7X – This ultra-long range heavy jet can seat up to 17 passengers and has a range of 6,846 miles. Certain configurations boast queen-size beds, as well as lounges and bathrooms, entertainment centers and a personal flight attendant.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Pennsylvania to Texas?
Are you wondering how much it costs to hire a private jet? Depending on what type of jet you hire and where you fly to and from, prices will vary. For example, chartering a light jet to fly from Philadelphia International Airport to Dallas Love Field would cost between $19,200 and $33,600; while hiring a mid-size aircraft would cost approximately $22,300 to $47,600. If you need to hire a heavy jet, the charter cost would range from $39,000 to $84,300. To find out how much your private flight from Pennsylvania to Texas would cost, get a quote here.
Don’t forget to look out for our empty leg flight deals, which are often discounted by up to 75 percent. The way they work is that when clients book one-way charters, rather than return the plane empty to its original airport, operators offer heavy passenger discounts. Take a look at our regularly-updated list of empty leg private flights.
Top 2018 events in Texas
Texas hosts many popular events every year, from food and music festivals to state fairs and folklife celebrations. Why not arrange private jet charter to one of these top Texas events for 2018?
- Austin City Limits – This music festival attracts over 45,000 people and features eight stages and a diverse lineup of bands. The 2018 event is scheduled for October 5-7 and 12-14 in Austin’s Zilker Park.
- Texas Folklife Festival – A celebration of the state’s diverse culture, featuring ethnic music, food, arts and crafts and dance. This year the festival takes place at the Institute of Texan Cultures from June 8-10.
- Dickens on the Strand – This unique Victorian-themed Christmas festival takes place on Galveston Island near Houston from November 30 - December 2. There will be street parades, entertainment on six stages, food and Christmas shopping.
- State Fair of Texas – Held at Fair Park in Dallas from September 28 - October 21, 2018. Visitors can enjoy a carnival, art, auto show, food, music and the annual football showdown between Texas and Oklahoma colleges.
- Poteet Strawberry Festival – This event is over 60 years old and draws 100,000 visitors to tiny Poteet every year. The 71st edition of the festival will be held between April 13-15 and features country music stars, a carnival and rodeo, parade and food show.
Interested in one of Texas’ top events and festivals? Get a private jet charter quote to fly from Pennsylvania to Texas in luxury.