Charter a private jet from Alabama to California
What better way to arrive in glittering California, the place where dreams are made, than by luxurious private jet? From the awe-inspiring views of the Yosemite to the glitz and glamor of Hollywood and California’s world-famous festivals, our guide covers all you need to plan the perfect California vacation.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport is a busy two-runway airport, located just around the corner from the Southern Museum of Flight.
- Mobile Regional Airport is less busy than other, bigger airports in the state and home to the U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Training Center.
- Huntsville International Airport is located 10 miles outside Huntsville and features murals depicting aviation and space exploration scenes.
- Montgomery Regional Airport (also known as Dannelly Field) is a recently modernized and expanded airport. It features a dome-ceilinged rotunda that simulates sunrises, sunsets and stars.
- Demopolis Municipal Airport is located just six miles outside Demopolis in Marengo County and is ideal for travelers who don't like busy airports.
Top private jet airports in California
- San Francisco International Airport is the largest airport in the bay area, conveniently located 13 miles from Downtown San Francisco.
- John Wayne Airport, formerly Orange County Airport, was renamed in honor of Academy Award-winning actor and filmmaker John Wayne after he died in 1979.
- Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport is located just three miles outside Downtown San Jose and is the least busy of the three Bay Area airports.
- Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport is located near the Los Angeles and Orange County borders and is one of the busiest airports in the world.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is a large and very busy airport, located 10 miles from Downtown Oakland across the bay from San Francisco.
How long is the flight from Alabama to California?
Flight times from Alabama to California vary depending on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of Alabama to California travel times:
- Flying from Huntsville International Airport to John Wayne Airport in a heavy Dornier D328 Jet Envoy will take you and 13 friends just over four hours.
- Flying from Montgomery Regional Airport to San Jose International Airport in a Hawker Beechcraft 400XP XPR Nextant takes four hours and 50 minutes with six friends or colleagues.
- Flying from Demopolis Municipal Airport to Long Beach Airport in a mid-size jet like a Gulfstream G150 takes just over four hours. The G150 can fly at a higher Mach speed than any other aircraft of its class.
Top California events and sights
Culture, industry, fame and technology are just some of the words that spring to mind when thinking of California. Considered to be the birthplace of American Film, the hippie counterculture and the Internet, there’s no shortage of creativity, inspiration and pioneering American spirit here.
If you want to combine some of the best international music acts in the world with an amazing showcase for visual arts, then head to the Colorado Desert for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival. Walk between massive installations and sculptures across the festival grounds, while listening to some of the biggest acts in music perform for the 250,000 festival-goers. The festival runs in April, stretching over two weekends. For more festival suggestions, read up on our recommendations for the best festivals in the USA here.
One of the best ways to see California is to drive the recently reopened Highway One, a state highway that spans from Capistrano Beach in Orange County all the way down the coast to Leggit in Mendocino. The 750-mile route is an amazingly scenic and enchanting journey along the California coast, passing through Santa Monica, Malibu and San Francisco. Plan your trip accordingly and handle the route in sections, stopping off in towns and cities along the coast as you please.
California is steeped in more German heritage than any other state, so don’t miss the region’s annual Oktoberfest extravaganza. Celebrations take place across the state over several weekends through September and October, featuring traditional German buffets, parades, dachshund races and, of course, lots of beer.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alabama to California?
The cost of your private charter will depend on the type of aircraft you choose and the route you take. You can read more here about how much it costs to hire a private plane. For a personalized quote, call us on +1 516 432 5901 or speak to our team online to run through your options. Your dedicated account manager will then take care of all the details, meaning all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7