Charter a private jet from Alaska to Alabama
If your primary reason for leaving Alaska is to escape the cold, you couldn’t do it much more emphatically than by making Alabama your destination. You’re heading for some of the hottest summers in the United States and a dip in the warm waters in the Gulf of Mexico should definitely be on your list of things to do. Aside from its natural attractions and the cultural legacy of its nine officially recognized American-Indian tribes, The Yellowhammer State also has a complex colonial history.
What to see and do in Alabama
Alabama has a colourful history. It first caught the eye of Spanish explorers; then it was settled by the French who promptly lost it to the British. It ended up being divided between the US and Spain (again) until the latter surrendered it just over 200 years ago. Its modern history is wrapped up with the American Civil Rights movement, with defiant activist Rosa Parks one of its most revered figures. Alabama has produced a fair number of top athletes too, including Olympic legend Jesse Owens, boxing champ Evander Holyfield and baseball hero Hank Aaron. And then there’s the other Hank – country singer Hank Williams, who is honored with a festival of his own every June in his hometown of Georgiana.
Here are some ideas for your Alabama bucket list. Go bargain-hunting in the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, the US’s only lost luggage store; and spend a night or two in the Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa. Opened in 1852 on the site of an old military headquarters established by Andrew Jackson, it was the place to be and be seen for more than a century. It reopened in 2007 and now offers an unforgettable luxury experience befitting its storied past – plus a possible resident ghost. Finally, catch the sunset at Dauphin Island, a barrier island three miles south of Mobile Bay that’s proud to call itself the Sunset Capital of Alabama.
Read our guide below to find out which are the best airports to fly to/from and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Alaska
- Kantishna Airport is a general aviation facility right near Kantishna, known as Eureka to the thousands of prospectors who congregated here over 100 years ago to dig for their future.
- Stampede Airport is a single-runway airport a half-hour drive outside remote Kantishna.
- Manley Hot Springs Airport is off the beaten track. The luxury of private jet charter should make a nice change from small town and bumpy roads.
- Minto Al Wright Airport is a small landing strip outside the Athabascan Indian village, Minto, in Yukon-Koyukuk.
- Eureka Creek Airport boasts a single dirt runway but is a fitting ending for your Alaskan interval if you’ve been visiting Manley Hot Springs and Fairbanks.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Wetumpka Municipal Airport is situated near Montgomery in the fast-growing town of Wetumpka, one of most picturesque areas of Elmore County.
- Greensboro Municipal Airport is a public-use airport in Greensboro. You’re in Hale County now, so don’t be surprised if you run into the ghosts of Civil War heroes.
- Camden Municipal Airport is a 100-year-old aviation facility near Camden, a small city steeped in Civil War history.
- Craig Field Airport in Dallas County serves the city of Selma, which is proud to introduce you to its history of voting rights and social justice activism.
- Montgomery Regional (Dannelly Field) Airport is a joint civil-military airport seven miles southwest of the Alabaman capitol, where you can see F-16 Fighting Falcons roar into the sky.
How long is the flight from Alaska to Alabama?
You should plan a full day for your private jet charter flight from the northwest to the southeast – but once you touch down in Alabama, you’ll agree it was worth it. Here are some examples of Alaska-to-Alabama journey times.
- The flight from Kantishna Airport to Wetumpka Municipal Airport takes just under eight hours in the Hawker Beechcraft 200 Premier II. This long-range light aircraft seats just four; ideal for those traveling in a small group or with family.
- It’s an eight-hour hop from Manley Hot Springs Airport to Montgomery Regional (Dannelly Field) Airport in a Gulfstream G150, a midsize favourite of long-range business travelers that can go the distance and then some.
- Charter a Gulfstream G150 from Minto Al Wright Airport to Camden Municipal Airport, arriving in Alabama in just under seven hours.
- You can shave a few minutes off your journey by plotting your course from Stampede Airport to Greensboro Municipal Airport in the spacious Learjet 60XR.
- Or take the nine-hour scenic route from Eureka Creek Airport to Craig Field Airport in the Embraer Phenom 100. This sleek lightweight jet has plenty of luggage room and space for four passengers.
Top events in Alabama
You haven’t been to Mardi Gras until you’ve been to Mobile, home of the oldest annual carnival in the United States. There have been parades and marching bands here since way back in 1703 and the town dedicates three weeks to the event every February.
The city of Dothan in southeast Alabama is no less serious about... peanuts. It’s the peanut capital of the country; a fact that is thoroughly celebrated with a 10-day Peanut Festival every November.
Visit Huntsville, Alabama at any time of year to find out if you can survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Zombie Scavengers is an interactive scavenger game that tests players’ ability to secure the food, weapons and shelter needed to survive in a chaotic world where zombies outnumber the living by 10 to one. Afterwards, invite your team to a game of pinball or pool at Straight to Ale, a brewery distillery in downtown Huntsville, while toasting your survival with some of Alabama’s finest craft beverages. Cheers!
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alaska to Alabama?
This depends on many different factors, including the type of aircraft you charter and the route you opt to take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Contact us online or speak to our team on +1 516 432 5901 to get a bespoke quote for your private jet adventure. Your very own account manager will take care of everything so that all you have to do is enjoy the flight.