Charter a private jet from Arizona to Idaho
Chartering a private jet from Arizona to the Gem State could mean you have a meeting with tech entrepreneurs in the Idaho capital of Boise, a lunch date in idyllic Coeur d’Alene (it’s at most two hours each way) or a well-earned vacation to explore the snow-capped mountains, unspoilt wilderness and steep canyons of Rocky Mountain country. Either way, you’ve come to the right place.
Highlights of Idaho
River deep, mountain high: Tina Turner may as well have been singing about Idaho as Ike. Snow-capped mountains, vast lakes and undulating rivers characterize the landscape of the US’s potato capital, from the Idaho Panhandle in the north to the Great Basin in the south. Rugged and unspoilt, this is prime territory for fishing, rafting, hiking and horseback riding, with tree-to-tree adventuring in Farragent State Park the latest thrill to add to your bucket list.
This fast-growing northwestern state, bordered by Oregon in the west and Montana and Wyoming in the east, is a small business-friendly tech incubator and a high-adrenaline playground for adventurers. It also has serious culinary bragging rights, with such specialties as Boise’s Basque-inspired croquetas, Idaho white sturgeon caviar (American beluga to the rest of you), and Idaho ice cream potato, which doesn’t actually contain potato, but might have something to do with the fact that one-third of American potatoes are grown here. Cue high expectations of the fries that come with your bison burger.
Here, we look at the best airports to fly from/to and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Arizona
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is three miles from the city centre of Phoenix (just minutes via the PHX Sky Train) and the largest and busiest airport in Arizona.
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport is 17 miles north of Phoenix and if you time it right, you may get an air show featuring vintage WWII craft into the bargain.
- Falcon Field, six miles northeast of Mesa, will surprise you with its Hollywood connections: it was founded way back before WWII with funding from Ginger Rogers, Henry Fonda and Fred Astaire.
- Scottsdale Airport is a busy single-runway airport nine miles south of Scottsdale, a city where you can enjoy 330 days of sunshine a year.
- Tucson International Airport, a joint civil-military airport eight miles south of downtown Tucson, has some serious art credentials, with five galleries offering you a cultural send-off.
Top private jet airports in Idaho
- Boise Airport, three miles south of Boise, is Idaho’s busiest airfield. It is also a military facility, used by the 124th Fighter Wing and the Idaho Air National Guard.
- Magic Valley Regional Airport, AKA Joslin Field, lies four miles south of Twin Falls, not far from the site where Evel Knievel once tried to jump the Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered motorcycle. Go figure.
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County Airport is situated in gold rush country near the city of Lewiston, itself worth a visit for its Dogwood Festival in spring.
- Idaho Falls Regional Airport lies two miles northwest of the CBD of Idaho Falls; the economic hub of eastern Idaho and a popular outdoor destination thanks to its proximity to Yellowstone National Park.
- Pocatello Regional Airport lies seven miles northwest of the CBD of Pocatello, which according to Forbes is a great place to be if you want to start a business in a small city.
How long is the flight from Arizona to Idaho?
The duration of a flight from Arizona to Idaho varies depending on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of Arizona-to-Idaho journey times:
- Two hours of unequalled comfort is all that separates Phoenix Sky Harbour International from Boise City Airport in the Airbus A318 Elite corporate jet. With a lounge, dining area and private office at your disposal, you and up to 18 guests can travel in style and comfort.
- Leave Phoenix Deer Valley Airport straight after breakfast and you’ll arrive at Magic Valley Airport in time for tea. It’s a one hour and 42 minute hop in a midsize jet such as the Embraer Legacy 450, a svelte new entry into the private jet market.
- If you’re heading from Falcon Field to Lewiston-Nez Perce with little more than two hours to spare, opt for a Cessna Citation Bravo. You’ll have room for seven passengers and about the same number of suitcases, as well as a few golf bags and skis.
- The trip from sunny Scottsdale to Idaho Falls takes just under two hours in a midsize jet such as the Hawker Beechcraft 200 Premier II.
- Charter a Bombardier Learjet 40 40X from Tucson International to Pocatello and you’ll be in Bannock County in just over two hours, ready for your start-up in a city voted “best small place for business” six years in a row.
Top events in Idaho
Let’s assume your calendar of outdoor pursuits in Idaho is up to date and you’re keen to interrupt your mountain biking and whitewater rafting with new experiences in this underrated state. Idaho’s capital, Boise, is ready to surprise and delight you, with the annual Goddess Fest and the San Inazio Basque Festival both taking place in July. Or plan your trip for Labor Day Weekend and the Spirit of Boise hot air balloon rally, a magical three-day festival for pilots and fans alike.
Elsewhere in the Gem State, towards the end of June the small rural town of Weiser welcomes old-timers and whipper-snappers alike at the National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest and Festival for a family-friendly, toe-tapping festival of music and fun. There’s more acoustic action in September, when the Hermit Musical Festival kicks off at the Indian Creek Winery near Kuna, a short Uber ride from Boise.
Finally, October is the best time to visit Silverwood Theme Park, the largest theme and water park in the American Northwest, where an annual Halloween event called Scarywood has been raising goosebumps since 2009.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Arizona to Idaho?
The cost of a flight from Arizona to Idaho depends on which aircraft you charter and the route you take. Our blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane has more details. To get precise quotes for your Idaho adventure, get in touch online or call our team on +1 516 432 5901.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7