Charter a private jet from California to Alabama
Alabama is rich in history, culture and pristine wilderness. If you’re traveling here from California, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top picks of places to see, things to do and airports to travel between.
Top private jet airports in California
- San Jose International Airport sits three miles from Downtown San Jose and is the quietest of the three Bay Area airports.
- Long Beach Airportis one of the world’s busiest airports, located near the Los Angeles and Orange County borders.
- Oakland International Airport is a large and very busy airport located 10 miles outside Downtown Oakland, across the bay from San Francisco.
- San Francisco International Airport is the largest airport in the Bay Area, conveniently located 13 miles from Downtown San Francisco.
- John Wayne Airport was named after legendary actor John Wayne in 1979, the year he died. It was formerly called Orange County Airport.
Why travel to Alabama?
Alabama features some of the most awe-inspiring scenery in the United States. Visitors can explore the 90-foot waterfall at Noccalula Falls Park, with a trail that runs through the Black Creek Gorge; or Cheaha State Park’s 2,800 acres of forests and rivers, all the way up to Alabama's highest point, Cheaha Mountain. Or you could head south to the brilliant white beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, which offer 60 miles of beautiful sand and sun that skirt the southern border.
But Alabama is far more than just a sightseer's dream. It is also a landmark in the space industry. The northern city of Huntsville is known as "Rocket City USA" and houses the United States Space and Rocket Center, the world's largest space flight museum. The first rocket to land a man on the moon was built in Huntsville and the museum features spacecraft and interactive exhibits documenting our history as a space-faring species.
The Yellowhammer State is rich in history and culture, with much to offer students of the American Civil Rights Movement. Home to Martin Luther King Jr.’s church, capital city Montgomery is also where activist Rosa Parks made civil rights history and her legacy is honored in the Rosa Parks Museum. Another integral part of Alabama culture is its finger-lickin’ BBQ cuisine. There are BBQ joints all across the state, each with their own philosophy on how to grill a pig.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Birmingham International Airport is a busy airport located eight miles southeast of Birmingham. It’s a bicycle-friendly outfit, including recommended cycling routes and short-term parking for your two-wheeler. For longer stays, you can leave your bicycle in the Lost Luggage.
- Mobile Regional Airport is home to the US Coast Guard Aviation Training Center. The seaside city of Mobile is itself worth a visit, offering a plethora of galleries and museums.
- Huntsville International Airport lies 10 miles outside Rocket City and, in keeping with Huntsville’s proud place in space history, features murals of aviation and space exploration scenes.
- Montgomery Regional Airport was recently modernized and expanded. Leave extra time in your itinerary to visit the rotunda, whose a domed ceiling that simulates sunrises, sunsets and stars at night.
- Demopolis Municipal Airport is located just miles outside Demopolis, a welcoming riverside city that’s an ideal launchpad for your tour of southwest Alabama.
How long is the flight from California to Alabama?
The flight time from California to Alabama depends on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples:
- From San Francisco International Airport to Montgomery Regional Airport, the Bombadier Learjet 31 will carry you west to east in just under five hours; plenty of time for you and five travel companions to add the finishing touches to your Alabama itinerary.
- The flight in from Long Beach Airport to Huntsville International Airport in an IAI Westwind takes just over four hours, giving you and seven friends ample opportunity to enjoy the view from the top.
- Traveling in a large party that loves comfort and luxury? Fly from Oakland International Airport to Mobile Regional Airport in the elegant and spacious Embraer Lineage 1000, which can complete the journey in four hours and 45 minutes.
Top events in Alabama
Hangout Music Festival has revelers gathering on the beautiful Gulf Shore beaches to enjoy a star-studded lineup and incredible food against an ocean backdrop. Taking place from May 17 to 19, 2019, there’s plenty of accommodation available near the festival site, plus a campsite for stargazers. If you’re visiting in August, head to the 21st annual Sidewalk Festival, a celebration of independent cinema that plays out in Birmingham’s historic theatre district.
There’s always three-wide racing at the Talladega Superspeedway, and in October the 1000Bulbs.com 500 Weekend gets the green flag for one of the biggest events in NASCAR racing history. Too fast and furious for you? Then plan your October trip to coincide with the world-famous Annual Kentuck Festival of the Arts, a two-day celebration of folk music held in Kentuck Park, Northport. Featuring over 270 artists and expert craftspeople such as blacksmiths, woodworkers and glassblowers, this friendly festival brings art, food and fellowship together in one fantastic event.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from California to Alabama?
To get a personalized quote for a private jet charter, first you need to decide on your preferred aircraft and route. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Contact us online or speak to our team on +1 516 432 5901 to run through your options, then allow your dedicated account manager to take care of everything while you sit back and enjoy the flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7