Private Jet Charter from California to Arizona
So you’re taking a break from the fast-paced glamor of California to visit the neighbors in sprawling Arizona. Here are our top picks to make your vacation one to remember.
Top private jet airports in California
- San Francisco International Airport is Cali’s second-busiest, the largest in the bay area and, in what may be an aviation first, has a jacket-dispensing vending machine.
- San Diego International Airport sits two miles from Downtown San Diego and is also dubbed Lindbergh Airport after “Lone Eagle” Charles Lindbergh, who made aviation history with his solo crossing from New York to Paris in 1927.
- Sacramento Executive Airport, 10 minutes from downtown Sacramento, is home to several flight schools for those who’d like to see themselves at the controls one day.
- Bob Hope Airport, aka Hollywood Burbank Airport, is just a short taxi ride from Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
- Long Beach Airport, aside from being a great place for spotting indie musicians, offers early arrivals a memorable fish ’n’ chips experience at Tripadvisor favourite, The Boathouse.
Top private jet airports in Arizona
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Arizona, easily accessible via the 24-hour PHX Sky Train.
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport serves as a relief airport for Sky Harbor International and is a good pick if you're trying to avoid crowds.
- Tucson International Airport, eight miles south of downtown Tucson, is Arizona's second-busiest airport.
- Grand Canyon National Park Airport is a small, state-owned airport on site of the infamous Grand Canyon. Seeing this famous landmark from the comfort of your private jet is an experience you will never forget.
- Scottsdale Airport is a small but busy single-runway airport just north of desert city Scottsdale’s spa resorts and golf courses.
How long is the flight from California to Arizona?
The flight time from California to Arizona depends on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of California-to-Arizona journey times:
- The flight from San Francisco International Airport to Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport takes you and 13 friends just under two hours to complete in a roomy and luxurious Dornier D328 Jet Envoy heavy jet, which can be arranged with sofas and dining areas.
- Flying from Sacramento Executive Airport to Tucson International Airport takes just over two hours in the light Cessna Citation Jet, the original business jet in the Citation range and the inspiration for future craft designs. It’s a true classic.
- If you’re in a hurry to get from Long Beach Airport to Grand Canyon West Airport, the elegant and comfortable Hawker Beechcraft 900XP can make the flight in just one hour and 11 minutes, offering a smooth and stylish ride for you and eight others.
Top events in Arizona
Perfect for those who enjoy the comfort and luxury of a private jet, Arizona has some of the best "glamping" destinations around, allowing visitors to enjoy the splendor of waterfalls and valleys or the majestic ski slopes of Alpine and Tucson from the comfort of a modern, luxury tent. For adventures of a culinary kind, downtown Phoenix has a booming food scene. Here southern American style meets traditional Sonoran desert cooking in an emerging fusion cuisine, with the flour tortilla as its centrepiece.
August brings the World's Oldest Continuous Rodeo to Payton, Arizona. Known as August Doin's, it’s been running for over 130 years and is said to be the country's best small rodeo. In addition to an all-day parade that runs throughout the day, there’s a rodeo dance in the big tent when the riding and roping are over.
Whether you're a serious foodie or just hungry after all the action, Phoenix is the place to be in September when Arizona Restaurant Week brings together close to 100 fine dining restaurants in the greater Phoenix area to offer an amazing and affordable “prix fixe” menu. It’s a chance to experience Arizona’s unique cultural fusion with Mexican, Native American and Sonora Desert influences served up with a modern American twist.
From 1939’s landmark Stagecoach to 1995’s The Quick and The Dead, Arizona has been the setting for countless western classics. This makes it a natural home for the Annual Wild Bunch Film Festival, held in October. This fresh festival is a competitive event for up-and-coming western filmmakers and a great experience both for those familiar with and new to the legends of the Wild West and its heroes.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from California to Arizona?
The cost of a charter depends on the type of aircraft you choose and your preferred route. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Speak to our team for a bespoke quote, either online or by calling +1 516 432 5901. Your dedicated account manager will then take care of all the finer details.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7