Charter a Private Jet from Colorado to Ohio
Whether you’re chartering a private jet from Colorado to Ohio for business – Ohio’s entrepreneurial culture and low cost of living make the Buckeye State a great location to launch a startup – or are visiting the heart of the Great Lakes region simply to bask on Lake Erie’s beaches, cruise along the Ohio River and whoosh down the world’s tallest, longest and fastest rollercoaster, read our guide to the best airports and events for your trip.
Top private jet airports in Colorado
- Denver International Airport is the country’s largest by land area and, with over 60 million passengers passing through annually, also one of the busiest.
- Colorado Springs Airport, six miles southeast of Colorado Springs, is your launchpad from El Paso County.
- Aspen Pitkin County Airport is located three miles northwest of Aspen, a popular retreat for ski-loving celebrities and the former home of Gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson.
- Grand Junction Regional Airport, three miles northeast of Grand Junction, is the largest airport in western Colorado.
- Eagle County Regional Airport, four miles west of Eagle, is a popular alternative to Aspen during ski season despite being on the History Channel’s list of Most Extreme Airports. Expect a thrilling departure.
Top private jet airports in Ohio
- Toledo Express Airport, located 10 miles west of Toledo in northwestern Ohio, is a good starting point for your visit to Lake Erie.
- Dayton International Airport lies 10 miles north of downtown Dayton, the city that taught the world to fly. This is where hometown heroes Wilbur and Orville Wright perfected manned-powered flight.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, nine miles north of Cleveland, is Ohio’s biggest and busiest. It’s also home to many aviation firsts, including the first air traffic control tower and the first ground-to-air radio control system.
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport in northeast Ohio is a laidback alternative to busy Cleveland International.
- Rickenbacker International Airport, located 10 miles south of Columbus, was named for flying ace and local hero Eddie Rickenbacker. If it looks familiar, it’s because it was the filming location for Air Force One, starring Harrison Ford.
How long is the flight from Colorado to Ohio?
No more than three hours, depending on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. In other words, ideal for a weekend getaway. Here are some examples of Colorado-to-Ohio journey times:
- It takes exactly three hours from Colorado Springs Airport to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in the beautifully designed light Bombardier Learjet 31, which seats up to six passengers.
- The medium-sized Cessna Citation XLS+ gets you from Denver International to Rickenbacker International in two hours and 50 minutes. Reclining leather seats and plenty of baggage room contribute to a luxurious experience for up to nine pampered passengers.
- The Gulfstream G450 is suitable for large parties of up to 16. The trip from Eagle County Regional Airport to Dayton International takes just three hours.
Top events in Ohio
The home state of Neil Armstrong, Steven Spielberg and Halle Berry is no stranger to paradox – Ohio is where you’ll find both the world’s largest Amish enclave and the ultimate tribute to rock ’n’ roll. For horse-drawn buggies, handcrafted hardwood carpentry and homemade jellies, your itinerary should take in Holmes County in eastern Ohio.
Pay your respects to the legends of rock ’n’ roll in downtown Cleveland. This is the permanent home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, housed in a landmark piece of architecture not far from where David Bowie kicked off his first U.S. tour, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band gave the most famous concert in Cleveland history, and Nine Inch Nails debuted their industrial rock sound.
The best place to be on New Year’s Eve? Downtown Columbus, for a spectacular celebration and no hangover guaranteed – First Night Columbus is part of a 100-city alliance committed to end-of-year parties that focus on fireworks and live entertainment in a substance-free environment. Stick around until mid-January for MagiFest, the oldest and most revered annual magic convention in the U.S which gathers professional magicians, magical hobbyists, dealers and collectors. Summer celebrations include the Columbus Arts Festival in June and the Columbus Jazz & Rib Fest in July, right after the aptly-named Red, White, and Boom! – a riverside Independence Day celebration featuring the Midwest’s largest fireworks display.
Elsewhere in Ohio in July, head to the southeastern city of Athens for Ohio Brew Week, a nine-day festival of brewing and fermenting. Top contenders for the best Ohio-made beer include Thirsty Dog Brewing Co’s Siberian Night and Hoppin’ Frog Brewery’s barrel-aged B.O.R.I.S. Imperial Stout.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Colorado to Ohio?
This will depend on the route you take, and the type of aircraft you charter. Start your research by reading this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane, then speak to our team online or over the phone +1 516 432 5901 to get precise quotes for your bespoke journey. Your dedicated account manager will then take care of all the details, leaving you to sit back and enjoy your flight.