Charter a private jet from Delaware to Texas
There’s more to the Lone Star State than chilli, nachos, longhorns and the Alamo. For instance, did you know that you can always get free advice at White Rock Lake in Dallas? Just pull up at the “Free Advice” sign at Jackson Point on any given Sunday morning and you’ll find Neal Caldwell and Roderick MacElwain waiting in their lawn chairs to dispense words of wisdom. Chartering a private jet from Delaware to Texas allows you to land as close as possible to your chosen destination. Read on for our guide to the best airports to fly to/from, average journey times and things to do once you’ve arrived.
Top private jet airports in Delaware
- Delaware Airpark, serving the Dover area, is located one mile west of the central business district (CBD) of Cheswold in Kent County. It’s home to 45 based aircraft and Delaware State University's flight training program.
- Delaware Coastal Airport is a public-use airport in Sussex County. Owned by the Sussex County Council, it sits two miles southeast of Georgetown’s CBD.
- Summit Airport is located five miles north of Middletown’s CBD in New Castle County. It’s privately owned by Summit Aviation, Inc.
- Wilmington Airport is situated in unincorporated New Castle County and owned by the Delaware River and Bay Authority. It’s five miles south of Wilmington and about 30 miles from Philadelphia.
Top private jet airports in Texas
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is the primary international airport serving the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex area in Texas. It’s also the largest hub for American Airlines, which is headquartered nearby.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport is an international airport in Houston, serving the Greater Houston metropolitan area.
- Abilene Regional Airport is a public airport three miles southeast of Abilene in Taylor County. This former frontier settlement is home to the fascinating Frontier Texas! Museum and Grace Museum. Further north, you’ll find the 19th-century Fort Phantom Hill, part of the Texas Forts Trail.
- Wichita Falls Regional Airport is a public- and military-use airport five nautical miles north of Wichita Falls’ CBD in Wichita County. Its runways and taxiways are shared with the Sheppard Air Force Base.
How long does it take to fly from Delaware to Texas?
- Flights from Delaware Airpark to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport take three hours and nine minutes on the 14-seater Dornier D328, which features extended-range tanks and various VIP cabin layouts.
- Fly from Delaware Coastal Airport to Abilene Regional Airport in just under three-and-a-half hours on the Cirrus SR-22; a single-engine, four-seat composite aircraft.
- The Embraer Legacy 500 can fly up to nine passengers from Wilmington Airport to Wichita Falls Regional Airport in three hours and 16 minutes.
Top places to visit in Texas
Cross Plains – where the sword and sorcery genre was born
A fan of Conan the Barbarian? Then pencil in a visit to the home of his creator, Robert E. Howard. The Texan was a prolific writer, penning stories not only in the pulp fiction genre, but also fantasy, historical fiction, comedy and poetry. It’s said that the boom and bust cycle of oil companies in Texas influenced many of Howard’s grim stories, before his deteriorating mental condition led to him committing suicide in the driveway of what is now the Robert E. Howard Museum. Dismissed by critics during his lifetime, Howard’s reputation has grown since his death and his stories continue to be published in various forms. The house where he lived and died is devoted to his works and was added to the U.S. Register of Historic Places in 1994.
The Caverns of Sonora
You don’t need to have a particular love of caves to appreciate the spectacular beauty of this Texas cave network. Glittering, weird and wonderful formations line every inch of the cave’s walls, roofs and floors, formed by slow-moving water containing rich mineral deposits. Discovered by accident in 1905 on ranch land belonging to the Mayfield family, it was only decades later that professional spelunkers were able to explore the cave and discover its full range of stunning speleothems. There are now a number stairs, railings and trails, enabling visitors to take in its beauty without damaging the fragile structures.
Experience the Alamo like John Wayne
The Alamo Village is a life-size replica of the 1836 city, which was built for John Wayne film The Alamo in 1957. There are only three buildings left on the historic site of the real Alamo City, surrounded by the skyscrapers of bustling Bracketteville. Today, you can visit The John Wayne Western Museum and a celebrity gallery. Since production ended on the movie, the village has been used for 12 movies about the Alamo, over 100 other western films, many documentaries and even a music video.
Ever wondered what it’s like to live in a bird’s nest?
You can get an idea with the Yippee Ki Yay Stickwork Sculptures in Austin’s Pease Park, a unique grouping of structures created from 10 tons of invasive saplings. Exploring this hands-on artwork is like being in a giant bird’s nest. In 2018, artist Patrick Dougherty and 200 volunteers collected invasive species from around the city to create the five structures, which are only expected to last around two years before deteriorating to be used as mulch for the park.
HOPE Outdoor Gallery
What do you do with a failed condo development? Recreate it as a street art hub, of course. This abandoned construction project in downtown Austin was turned into a colorful public art gallery and is in a state of continuous metamorphosis. Many residents, not happy with the Baylor Street hillside scarred by slabs of blank cement, began to create graffiti across walls, slabs and floors. Then nonprofit production group HOPE, which brings creative people together around social causes, removed the weeds and debris before opening the space to the public in 2011 for spraying and mural-painting. Today, it’s not unusual to see people scrambling over the slabs, viewing other’s work or making their own art. The gallery also hosts concerts and music video shoots.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Delaware to Texas?
The cost of your trip from Delaware to Texas depends on the aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online, or call us on +1 516 432 5901 to go through your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything - all that’s left for you to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.