Charter a private jet from Florida to Michigan
2018 is an exciting year for the US state of Michigan. Detroit is hosting its annual Great Lakes Boating Festival and the iconic Movement Music Festival, while St. Ignace prepares for its renowned Native American Festival. There’s never been a better time to plan a trip to Michigan and if you’re traveling from Florida, check out our handy guide to chartering a private jet and arriving in style. Luxury airport lounges, no airport queues and space to work and relax on board are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy.
Top private jet airports in Florida
- Orlando Executive Airport is located three miles east of downtown Orlando in Orange County. The airport’s close proximity to the city centre means you can be in the heart of Orlando's industrial and business districts within minutes of landing.
- Miami Executive Airport, located just 13 miles southwest of downtown Miami, is one of Florida’s busiest private jet airports due to its easy accessibility.
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport, located eight miles east of Jacksonville's central business district (CBD), is a favourite airport for business and leisure private jet charters.
- Palm Beach International Airport, one of Florida’s most luxurious private jet airports, is situated three miles from the exclusive West Palm Beach area.
- Key West International Airport is located two miles east of the main commercial center of Key West.
Top private jet airports in Michigan
The Midwestern state of Michigan is home to many of the US’s great lakes, which played a part in the state’s name. The name Michigan can be traced back to the Ojibwe word “mishigamaa”, which means "large water" or "large lake". The only state to consist of two peninsulas, Michigan is bordered by Ohio and Indiana to the south and Wisconsin to the east, and shares a water boundary with Illinois, Minnesota and the Canadian province of Ontario. Michigan is served by many airports, the top five of which are listed below:
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is Michigan's busiest and largest airport and one of the biggest airline hubs in the US. Six runways mean it can easily accommodate private jet charters.
- Bishop International Airport in Flint underwent major renovations in 2007 and is now one of the most luxurious airports in Michigan.
- MBS International Airport, situated in Freeland, is the perfect airport to serve nearby the cities of Midland, Bay City and Saginaw.
- Gerald R. Ford International Airport, situated 13 miles southeast of Grand Rapids, is the largest commercial airport in West Michigan and the second busiest airport serving the state.
- Cherry Capital Airport, located just over two miles southeast of Traverse City’s CBD in Grand Traverse County, is perfect for both business and leisure private jet charters.
How long is the flight from Florida to Michigan?
It can take anywhere between two and just over three hours to fly from Florida to Michigan, as the flight time varies depending on which airports you travel between and the speed and size of the jet you fly in. To help you plan your journey, here are a few examples of flight times and business and private jets you could use:
- A flight between Orlando Executive Airport and Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport takes, on average, just under two-and-a-half hours. The Cessna Citation I can complete this journey with ease for you and four other passengers.
- A flight from Key West International Airport to Bishop International Airport takes, on average, just over three hours. The Bombardier Challenger 300 could complete the trip for you and eight other passengers.
- The flight time from Jacksonville International Airport to Cherry Capital Airport is, on average, two-and-a-half hours. The Hawker Beechcraft 400 can complete this journey for you and six others.
Top 2018 events in Michigan
Michigan hosts hundreds of music, food and culture festivals and fairs throughout the year. Given its proximity to four of the US’s five great lakes, be sure to pack your bathing suits as many popular activities take place on and around Lake Michigan. Arrange a private jet charter to experience these top Michigan events in 2018:
- Great Lakes Boating Festival – Features antique car and vintage boat displays, stadium sailing, jet skis and water toys over the weekend of May 18-20.
- Bluesfest – The 17th annual Bluesfest takes over Jackson County Airport in Jackson Michigan from June 7-9.
- Flint Art Fair – Over 100 artists showcase ceramics, jewelry, sculpture and paintings in the stunning Cultural Centre at the Flint Institute of Arts from June 9-10.
- Michigan Balloonfest – Teeming with new events and attractions, the 2018 Michigan Balloonfest is the state’s premiere summertime event and offers something for every member of the family, from skydiving to carnival rides and popular balloon launches. Join the festivities at Howell High School Complex from June 22-24.
- Ford Arts, Beats & Eats – The 21st annual Ford Arts, Beats & Eats fair takes over downtown Royal Oak from August 31 - September 3. Over 200 performers entertain audiences on nine stages, while local art shows and restaurants descend on the festival with their cultural delights.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Florida to Michigan?
The price of a private jet charter from Florida to Michigan varies depending on the plane and route, as explained here. Air Charter Service has access to over 100 private jets, each boasting unique luxury amenities including lounges, bedrooms and entertainment systems. For a private jet charter quote or more information, contact us online or call us on +1 416 628 9412. Allow Air Charter Service to arrange your bespoke private jet charter from Florida to Michigan.