Charter a private jet from Georgia to Delaware
If you choose to rent a private jet for your Delaware vacation, there’s no end to what you might discover in the second smallest state in the union - from the famous Fort Delaware to an American Revolution Shipwreck.
Top private jet airports in Georgia
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, also known as Atlanta Airport, Hartsfield or Hartsfield–Jackson, is located seven miles south of Atlanta's central business district (CBD).
- Middle Georgia Regional Airport is located nine nautical miles south of Macon’s CBD in Bibb County. Macon sits near the Ocmulgee National Monument with its large Native American earthen mounds, as well as the Tubman Museum’s exhibits of African-American art, history and culture.
- Augusta Regional Airport is a city-owned public airport seven miles south of Augusta in Richmond County. In 2000 the airport changed its name from Bush Field Airport.
- Cartersville Airport is three miles southwest of Cartersville’s CBD in Bartow County. It’s owned by the Cartersville Bartow Airport Authority and is close to the Red Top Mountain State Park and Etowah Indiana Mounds Historic Site.
Top private jet airports in Delaware
- Delaware Airpark, serving the Dover area, is located one mile west of the Cheswold’s CBD in Kent County. The Delaware Airpark is home to 45 based aircraft and Delaware State University's flight training program, serving both corporate and recreational flyers year-round. It’s especially busy during the summer months when Delaware State conducts NASA and Air Force ROTC pilot training.
- Delaware Coastal Airport is a public-use airport in Sussex County. Owned by Sussex County Council, it’s located two miles southeast of Georgetown’s CBD.
- Summit Airport is located five miles north of Middletown’s CBD in New Castle County. It’s privately owned by Summit Aviation, Inc.
- Wilmington Airport is situated in unincorporated New Castle County, five miles south of Wilmington and about 30 miles from Philadelphia. It’s owned by the Delaware River and Bay Authority.
How long does it take to fly from Georgia to Delaware?
- Flights to Delaware take an hour and 42 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International to Delaware Airpark on a Bombardier Learjet 45. This aircraft seats eight passengers and is a high-performing, cost-effective light jet.
- You can fly from Middle Georgia Regional Airport to Delaware Coastal in one hour and 42 minutes on the four-seater Eclipse 500 550. This jet offers a great combination of performance and efficiency at a cost-effective price.
- It takes just over an hour-and-a-half to fly from Augusta Regional Airport to Wilmington Airport on the Robinson R44, a fast and light helicopter that can carry up to three passengers. An economical, practical choice for shorter trips.
Top places to visit in Delaware
American Revolution shipwreck
In 2004, a wrecked ship dating back to the American Revolution was discovered off the Delaware coast during a dredging operation near the Roosevelt Inlet off the coast of Lewes. In 2006, underwater archaeologists decided it was most likely a British merchant vessel called the Severn that had run aground sometime in the 1770s. The remains are in a surprisingly well-preserved state, but only a small portion of the hull is intact. The ship was carrying cargo from Britain, Holland, Germany, South Africa, and China and the captain and all crew survived the sinking in March 1772. Thousands of artifacts were collected and given to archeologists, but some objects still wash up along Lewes Beach.
Doors of fame
The Rehoboth Art League is home to a pair of old doors covered with the signatures of Rehoboth Beach artists going back to the 1930s, when the league’s doors opened for the first time. The Art League at Rehoboth Beach has a 900-piece permanent collection, as well as a number of rotating exhibitions. You’ll want to take your time picking out the signatures of local legends like the late Jack Lewis and many other creative luminaries.
It’s strange what the sea coughs up
The Discoversea Shipwreck Museum is home to a number of oddities that have turned up on beaches or been rescued from shipwrecks, both locally and further afield. Exhibits include a desiccated merman and even a whale penis bone. The vast museum collection (around 10,000 artifacts) on Delaware’s Fenwick Island is well worth a visit, along with the seashell shop.
The unscalable Fort Delaware
Fort Delaware was built in the 19th Century as one of three forts designed to protect the city of Philadelphia from attack. As it turned out, the inhabitants of the fort on tiny Pea Patch Island did such a good job that they never had to fire a hostile shot. Today it’s a scenic park and a museum, and rumored to be haunted.
Victrola in Dover
The Johnson Victrola Museum houses an impressive collection of Victrola “talking machines” from the early 20th Century. Exhibits are filled with records, programs and Victrola memorabilia, along with an impressive number of original record-playing machines with their hand-cranks and trademark funneled horns. The museum has artistically arranged the machines to showcase their beauty and diversity.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Georgia to Delaware?
The cost of your flight varies according to the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. For some more information, read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Or, for a precise quote for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901, and we’ll take you through your options.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7