Charter a private jet from Maine to Alabama
An Alabama vacation takes you right to the Heart of Dixie. Expect fried fish and banana pudding, Cheaha State Park wooden chalets, Gulf State Park and historic American Civil Rights Movement landmarks.
Top private jet airports in Maine
- Portland International Airport is located two miles west of downtown Portland. It accounts for 90% of passenger travel and more than 95% of air cargo in the state, with all the modern conveniences passengers might expect.
- Knox County Regional Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport in Knox County. It’s located three miles south of the central business district of Rockland.
- Sanford Seacoast Regional Airport is a public airport located four miles southeast of the central business district of Sanford, a town in York County.
- Brunswick Executive Airport is a public-use general aviation airport located two miles southeast of the central business district of Brunswick, a town in Cumberland County. It is situated on the site of the former Naval Air Station Brunswick.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Huntsville International Airport is a public airport 10 miles southwest of Downtown Huntsville. The airport is close to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center and the Huntsville Botanical Garden, and within easy reach of Monte Sano State Park.
- Northeast Alabama Regional Airport is five miles southwest of Gadsden, in Etowah County. It’s owned by Gadsden Airport Authority and used to be known as Gadsden Municipal Airport.
- Northwest Alabama Regional Airport is located one mile east of Muscle Shoals and owned by the counties of Colbert and Lauderdale. The airport opened in February 1940 and was taken over by the U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II as a pilot training facility.
- Jack Edwards Airport is a public-use airport in Baldwin County. It’s owned by Gulf Shores Airport Authority and located two miles north of the City of Gulf Shores, which offers beaches, trails, a pier, a golf course and ziplining over the dunes.
How long does it take to fly from Maine to Alabama?
- Flights to Alabama take two hours and 40 minutes from Portland International Jetport in Maine to Huntsville International in Alabama on a Dornier D328 Jet Envoy. The 14-seater has extended-range tanks and various VIP cabin layouts, often in a double-club arrangement with sofas and dining areas.
- It takes two hours and 50 minutes to fly to Northeast Alabama Regional from Knox County Regional Airport in Maine on the Cirrus SR-22; a single-engine, four-seat, composite aircraft that was upgraded from the SR20 model to accommodate a larger wingspan, higher fuel capacity and more powerful engine.
- A flight from Sanford Seacoast Regional Airport in Maine to Northwest Alabama Regional takes two hours and 41 minutes by Cessna 404 Titan, an American twin-engined, propeller-driven light aircraft designed to take up to nine passengers.
Top events in Alabama
Scottsboro’s where the lost baggage goes
The Unclaimed Baggage Center is one of the places previously lost or forgotten items are sent. Since most major airlines reimburse customers for lost luggage (and, in some instances, lost cargo), the baggage can be sold to the public after a certain time period. The Unclaimed Baggage Center launched in 1970 after the owners drove to Washington, D.C., to claim their first load of unclaimed baggage. Today it’s the size of a city block, adding over 7,000 new items of stock every day.
Civil Rights in Montgomery
The Civil Rights Memorial immortalizes 40 individuals who gave their lives in the struggle for equal rights between 1954 (when the United States Supreme Court ruled against racial segregation in schools) and 1968 (the year Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated in Tennessee). The design, by Maya Lin, takes its inspiration from King’s famous line, “…we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down in waters and righteousness like a mighty stream” and revolves around water as a symbol for healing.
Face in a tree
Spend an enchanting hour or two viewing the Tinglewood Carvings in Montevallo, where artist Tim Tingle has carved a series of whimsical faces into the dead trees of Orr Park. Take along a picnic basket and enjoy the park’s playground, wading creek and, of course, shady trees with carvings of men, squirrels, dragons and alligators. The park currently has 30 carvings and whenever a tree dies, it’s reincarnated at the hands of the talented Mr. Tingle.
On top of the world in Delta
An Alabama vacation should, if possible, include a trip to Cheaha Mountain above Talladega National Forest. The mountain is the highest point in Alabama at 2,407 feet above sea level; a breathtakingly picturesque spot you won’t want to miss.
Huntsville’s U.S. Space & Rocket Center
Every part of the Space Shuttle display here is a real artifact of aviation history. Pathfinder was built in 1977 by NASA as a full-scale simulator of the shuttle. It was used for ground testing, instead of using the much more expensive Space Shuttle Enterprise, and had a whole range of testing purposes like ensuring machinery could fit within the designated structures and checking roadway clearances and crane capabilities. It’s displayed with the Main Propulsion Test Article External Tank (MPTA-ET), which was the first of these iconic orange tanks ever produced, although it never made it to space.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Maine to Alabama?
The cost of your journey from Maine to Alabama will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Want more information? Read our blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. If you’d like a more precise quote for your journey, drop us a line on +1 516 432 5901 or speak to our team online, who will take you through your options.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7