Charter a private jet from Montana to Louisiana
A Louisiana vacation is sure to deliver an out-of-this-world experience. You can’t fail to get caught up in the food, music, festivals, and singular architecture of Baton Rouge and New Orleans. At least one of Louisiana’s world-famous festivals – which include the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Bayou Country Superfest, Essence Music Festival, Festival International and Mardi Gras – should make it onto the list of every self-respecting traveler. Chartering a private jet from Montana to Louisiana allows you to fly direct to one of the state’s many private jet airports, getting you as close as possible to your chosen destination.
Top private jet airports in Montana
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is located in Belgrade, eight miles northwest of Bozeman in Gallatin County. It’s owned by the Gallatin Airport Authority and became Montana’s busiest airport in 2013.
- Glacier Park International Airport is in Flathead County, six miles northeast of Kalispell. The airport is owned and operated by the Flathead Municipal Airport Authority, a public agency created by the county in 1974.
- Russellville Logan County Airport is a public-use airport located four miles southeast of Russellville in Logan County.
- Helena Regional Airport is a public airport two miles northeast of Helena in Lewis and Clark County. It covers an area of 121 acres and has two asphalt runways.
Top private jet airports in Louisiana
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is located in Jefferson Parish. It’s owned by the city of New Orleans and is 11 miles west of downtown New Orleans, close to Lafreniere Park and other attractions.
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, also known as Ryan Field, is a public-use airport located four nautical miles north of the central business district (CBD) of Baton Rouge, a city in East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Alexandria International Airport is located four nautical miles west of the Alexandria CBD in Rapides Parish. Many private jet charters land at this airport each year, which sits not far from the Kent Plantation State Historic Park and Alexandria Museum of Art.
- Lake Charles Regional Airport is just five nautical miles south of Lake Charles CBD, a city in Calcasieu Parish. It’s close to both the L’Auberge Casino Resort and Prien Lake Park.
How long does it take to fly from Montana to Louisiana?
- Flights to Louisiana take three hours and 45 minutes from Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International on a Beechcraft King Air 100, a stretched version of the Kingair 90 with twin turboprops and eight passenger seats.
- Flying from Glacier Park International Airport to Alexandria International takes three hours and 45 minutes on the single-engine Bell 206B Jet Ranger helicopter. The four-seater is a popular utility aircraft, regularly used for traffic reporting, air ambulance missions and corporate trips.
- It takes three hours and 38 minutes to fly from Helena Regional Airport to Lake Charles Regional Airport on a Bombardier Challenger 605. The Challenger 605 offers an exceptional flight experience for up to 12 passengers, with a wide cabin that provides generous space for passengers and luggage.
Top places to visit in Louisiana
New Orleans train garden
Tiny historical streetcars wind through a miniature scale version of Crescent City in the 1,300-acre City Park. This impressive model train experience features a quarter-mile of track carrying 1/22-scale streetcars and freight trains similar to those that wound through Crescent City a century ago. The landscape the trains journey through was designed by artist Paul Busse, who crafted the buildings and iconic sights of New Orleans from organic, natural, biodegradable materials. Information is provided on landmarks and neighborhoods along the route.
One of the most haunted houses in America
The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville should be avoided by anyone with an overactive imagination. The home, dubbed “one of America’s most haunted”, has a true and tragic history. A slave called Chloe who worked on the plantation was banished from the main house for a minor infraction and decided to cure two of the owner’s grandchildren who had fallen ill in a bid to return. She baked Oleander leaves into a cake, but instead of curing the children it poisoned them and their mother. Chloe was hung from a tree in the yard, then thrown into the Mississippi River with bricks to weigh down her body. The legend surrounding the house grew when the children of a number of subsequent owners died from various illnesses. Those brave enough can book a stay at the Myrtles Plantation, which now operates as a bed and breakfast.
This deep saltwater lake near the Gulf of Mexico was once a shallow freshwater lake. Originally just 11ft deep, it was a popular fishing and recreation spot. Then on the morning of November 20, 1980, a drilling crew accidentally drilled through the ceiling of the Diamond Crystal salt mine below, resulting in barges, big-rig trucks, houses, 65 acres of land and a Texaco oil rig being flushed down the enormous vortex it created. At the same time, 55 salt mine workers hundreds of feet below were trying to escape as water poured into the mine. Miraculously, there were no fatalities or serious human injuries that day, but the freshwater lake became permanently salinated with devastating effects on the ecosystem.
Jungle Gardens of New Iberia
Jungle Gardens is a 170-acre self-guided swamp and garden tour of wildlife and exotic botanical specimens, located next to the Tabasco factory on Avery Island. There’s also a 900-year-old Buddha statue.
Tabasco in New Iberia
The Avery Island Tabasco Museum and Factory celebrates the successful efforts of one family to keep the world supplied with the iconic hot sauce over a 150-year period. The factory is set on an island made of salt and completely surrounded by bayous. The fields on this unusual geological formation produce a unique red pepper that’s featured in the hot sauce. The island is home not only to the factory, but also to a museum, country store and restaurant. There are daily tours of the greenhouse, barrel and blending processes, salt mine and bottling plant.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Montana to Louisiana?
The cost of your trip from Montana to Louisiana depends on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901 to go through your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will handle the rest. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.