Charter a private jet from Washington to Maine
Charter a private jet from Washington to Maine, landing as close as possible to your chosen destination at one of the state’s numerous private jet airports.
Top private jet airports in Washington
- Seattle–Tacoma International Airport, also known as Sea–Tac Airport, is the main commercial airport serving the Seattle metropolitan area. Located about 13 miles south of downtown Seattle, it’s the largest airport in the Pacific Northwest.
- Boeing Field, officially King County International Airport, is a public airport five miles south of downtown Seattle.
- Paine Field, also known as Snohomish County Airport, is a small international airport serving part of the Seattle metropolitan area. It’s located in unincorporated Snohomish County 25 miles north of Seattle, between the cities of Mukilteo and Everett.
- Spokane International Airport is a commercial airport approximately five miles west of downtown Spokane. It’s the second-busiest airport in Washington State, serving eastern Washington and northern Idaho.
Top private jet airports in Maine
- Houlton International Airport sits in the town of Houlton in Aroostook County, near the town border of Hodgdon and the border of New Brunswick, Canada.
- Portland International Jetport is a public airport two miles west of downtown Portland in Cumberland County. It accounts for 90% of passenger travel and over 95% of air cargo for the state, with direct connections to major airport hubs throughout the United States.
- Waterville Robert Lafleur Airport is two miles southwest of the central business district (CBD) of Waterville in Kennebec County. The airport covers 350 acres and has one open runway.
- Hancock County–Bar Harbor Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport in Trenton, eight miles northwest of the Bar Harbor CBD in Hancock County. Bar Harbor is a town on Mount Desert Island along Maine’s Frenchman Bay, serving as a gateway to the mountains and cliffs of neighboring Acadia National Park.
How long does it take to fly from Washington to Maine?
- Flights to Maine take two hours and 47 minutes from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Portland International Jetport on the Sikorsky S-92, a four-bladed, twin-engine, medium-lift helicopter. Its stand-up cabin is spacious and comfortable and can seat up to 19 passengers.
- It takes five hours and 43 minutes from Boeing Field to Portland International Jetport on a 16-passenger Gulfstream V.
- You can fly from Spokane International Airport to Waterville Robert Lafleur Airport in five hours and 25 minutes on the Embraer Legacy 450. The aircraft can cater for up to seven passengers and configurations include forward two-place divans and fully reclinable seats, making journeys effortlessly relaxing.
Top places to visit in Maine
The Hartland Bridge in New Brunswick is the longest covered bridge in the world. The charming wooden tunnel, initially built in 1901, was the first way of crossing the St. John River without taking a boat. The bridge has a pedestrian walkway along its 1,282ft length, so you can take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the river and its surrounds.
North to Freedom
A bronze sculpture of a slave climbing out of a tunnel is Maine’s only official memorial to the Underground Railroad – the secret route taken by 19th-century slaves to escape to Canada from the American South. You’ll find it on a hill in Chamberlain Freedom Park in Brewer (although the tunnel itself was hidden under the historic Holyoke House, which was demolished in 1995). Although Maine was a free state, it was illegal to help a runaway slave, so the memorial also honors those who risked punishment to aid slaves along their path to freedom. Named after Brewer-born Civil War hero Brigadier General Joshua Chamberlain, the park also features a statue of the general and a monument to the 20th Maine Infantry.
Ice harvesting in South Bristol
Before the days of fridge-freezers, people got their ice by chopping chunks from frozen ponds and storing them in an ice house. At the Thompson Ice House Harvesting Museum in the small town of South Bristol, you can find out how ice harvested from a small pond in Maine by the same family and its decedents for 200 years made its way to restaurants and kitchens across the world. Although the ice trade business is no longer necessary to modern life, the non-profit working museum still keeps the traditions alive. The community gathers at Thompson Pond every Sunday of President’s Day weekend to cut ice, float the blocks down an ice-free channel and pull them into the ice house, where they’re stored through the hot summer months. As reward, community members are invited back in July for homemade ice cream and Thompson Pond ice.
Trolley nostalgia in Kennebunkport
Step back into yesteryear with a stroll around The Seashore Trolley Museum, which houses over 260 vehicles from all over the world. Founded in 1939, it’s the oldest and largest electric railway museum to preserve the vehicles that played such a big part in so many people’s lives. A highlight of any visit is the opportunity to watch the restoration process of a streetcar from the observation gallery. You can also ride one out along a rebuilt portion of the Atlantic Shore Line Railway.
The most photographed house in Maine
The beautiful Wedding Cake House is so-named not only because it looks good enough to take a bite out of – legend has it that a captain had to ship out to sea soon after his wedding and built the house as a wedding gift to make it up to his bride. The house is rarely open to the public, but it’s worth stopping by for a selfie or group photo in front of the exquisite building.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Washington to Maine?
The cost of your flight depends on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Want to know more? Check out this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane, or, for a precise quote, speak to our team online or over the phone on +1 516 432 5901. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7