Charter a private jet from Wyoming to Idaho
Planning an Idaho vacation? You may already know that the Potato State is best known for its French fries, but you might not be aware that Ernest Hemingway arrived here in 1939 to write his novel, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and was so inspired that he returned in 1959 and stayed until his death in 1961. Idaho also has an eccentric side, like the law that says a man can’t give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing over 50lbs. Whether you’re into Hemingway, skiing or candy, an Idaho vacation is so much more comfortable and convenient with a private jet charter.
Top cities and private jet airports in Wyoming
- Jackson Hole Airport is located seven miles north of Jackson in Teton County. In 2015, it was the busiest airport in Wyoming by passenger traffic with 313,151 passengers.
- Cheyenne Regional Airport, also known as Jerry Olson Field, is a civil-military airport a mile north of downtown Cheyenne in Laramie County. It’s home to the Cheyenne Air National Guard Base, the main operating base for the Wyoming Air National Guard (WyANG) and the Wyoming Army National Guard (WARNG).
- Southwest Wyoming Regional Airport is located eight miles east of Rock Springs in Sweetwater County. It’s owned by the City of Rock Springs.
- Sheridan County Airport is a public-use airport in Sheridan County, just two nautical miles southwest of the central business district (CBD) of Sheridan.
Top cities and private jet airports in Idaho
- Located just four miles northwest of Idaho Falls CBD, Idaho Falls Regional Airport is the second-busiest in Idaho after Boise Airport.
- Magic Valley Regional Airport, also known as Joslin Field, is located four nautical miles south of Twin Falls CBD in Twin Falls County, the gateway to Snake River Canyon.
- Shoshone County Airport, three miles west of Kellogg, is where you want to head for a scenic destination that offers year-round recreational activities to suit all tastes.
- Burley Municipal Airport is a city-owned airport located one mile northeast of Burley CBD in Cassia County, close to Cassia County Historical Park and the Splash Park.
How long are flights from Wyoming to Idaho?
- Flights to Idaho take just 19 minutes from Jackson Hole Airport to Idaho Falls Regional on a three-seater Sikorsky S-76. Originally built to cater for the offshore oil market, this helicopter is now a popular choice for business and leisure charters.
- It takes just under an hour to fly from Southwest Wyoming Regional Airport to Magic Valley Regional on the King Air 350I, a twin-engine turboprop with a stretched fuselage that enables a cabin for up to eight passengers in two-club configuration.
- The Bombardier Challenger 850 gets you from Sheridan County Airport to Burley Municipal Airport in an hour and six minutes. The aircraft’s cabin has virtually the same amount of space as an ultra-long-range aircraft, offering a uniquely spacious environment for up to 14 passengers.
Top places to visit in Idaho
Hemingway’s Sun Valley
One of the greatest writers of the modern era chose to see out his years in Sun Valley, Idaho. You’ll find the modest Hemingway Memorial just off a scenic trail. The inscription on the simple bronze column reads: “Best of all he loved the fall, the leaves yellow on the cottonwoods. Leaves floating on the trout streams and above the hills. The high blue windless skies, now he will be a part of them forever.” Admirers leave flowers at the memorial or spend a quiet hour or two reading Hemingway stories.
Craters of the Moon in Arco
Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve, located in the Snake River Plain in Central Idaho, is home to the deepest rift on Earth. It includes three major lava fields and nearly 400 square miles of sagebrush steppe grasslands at an average elevation of 6,000ft. You’ll see some of the best open rift cracks anywhere in the world, but come prepared – the area is rugged with only one paved road across the northern end. The preserve’s 50+ camping sites can’t be reserved in advance, so make plans for alternative accommodation.
Melba’s Map Rock
The petroglyph map of the upper Snake River was carved on the large basalt rock by prehistoric hunter-gatherers – the Shoshone-Bannock – who lived in the area as far back as 12,000 years. The map also illustrates the animals and human groups that lived in the territories between the rivers. To this day there’s little consensus around the purpose of the carving, but some think it may have been a reference point for travelers and hunters to navigate the region.
The last theatre in the Nuevo Deco style
The Washoe Theater in Anaconda was the last to be constructed in the U.S. in the Nuevo Deco architectural style. It was designed by B. Marcus Priteca, architect of the Hollywood Pantages Theater, and built in 1936 during the Great Depression. The space, designed to be as much of an attraction as the movies it shows, features near-perfect acoustics, copper details and silk curtains. Today you can still pop in for a movie and what’s bound to be an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Canines in Cottonwood
Sweet Willy is the world’s biggest beagle, standing at 30ft tall. Inside what has become a popular roadside attraction, chainsaw artists Dennis J. Sullivan and his wife Frances Conklin have built a single room with bathroom and loft for visitors passing through the area. Dog Bark Park Inn has the company of other sculptures like bears, fish and moose. If you can’t sleep over at the bed-and-breakfast, arrange a group tour or visit the dog-inspired gift shop and artists’ studio.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Wyoming to Idaho?
The cost of your flight from Wyoming to Idaho depends on the type of aircraft you charter and your route of choice. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get an exact quote for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online, or call +1 516 432 5901 to discuss your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.