Private jet charter from Alabama to Florida
Whether you’re going all-out with a resort vacation in Palm Beach or just day-tripping to the neighbouring state for a blowout lunch of stone crab claws followed by key lime pie, a trip from Alabama to Florida is always a good idea. The Sunshine State is famous for its endless beaches and the Walt Disney World Resort in Greater Orlando. It also has more power boats, oranges and retirees than any other US state and is home to the country’s only coral reef and the only known calving area of the northern right whale.
Florida was named by a Spaniard, but the story grows a tail beyond that generally agreed fact. Explorer Juan Ponce de Leon landed on the state’s northeastern shore in April 1513 and named the area “La Florida” (the land of flowers). Depending on who you believe, this was either because the land covered with flowers (it was spring and Florida was blooming), or because Ponce de Leon had arrived during Spain’s Easter-time celebration, known as “Pascua Florida” (Feast of Flowers). Two other facts about the Sunshine State are definitely not in dispute. One: when you see a sign that says “watch out for alligators”, that’s exactly what it means. Two: if your ultimate destination is the moon, this is the most likely spot for blast-off. Epic journeys that have started at Cape Canaveral (a city on Florida’s Atlantic coast) include John Glenn’s first trip into orbit and Neil Armstrong’s first walk on the moon. In short, the sky’s not the limit.
Literary types will love exploring Florida’s connections to Ernest Hemingway and Tennessee Williams, while space fans should set aside at least half a day for a tour of the Kennedy Space Center. The tropical climate serves as a useful reminder that Florida was essentially made by air-con. Until air-conditioning was invented, this southernmost state was a largely empty expanse, ravaged by early-20th-century hurricanes and the Great Depression. Once things cooled down, though, Florida hit a groove and it remains one of the most-visited travel destinations in the world, offering equal amounts of sun and fun.
Here you can find out which are the best airports to fly to/from when chartering a private jet from Alabama to Florida and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Montgomery Regional (Dannelly Field) Airport is located just seven miles from the Alabama capital and a great place to kick off your Florida vacation.
- Mobile Regional Airport is 13 miles outside Mobile in the south of Alabama. As the crow flies, you’re just over 200 miles away from the Florida capital, Tallahassee.
- Huntsville International Airport lies 10 miles from downtown Huntsville, nicknamed The Rocket City for its associations with space missions. At the airport, murals depicting space exploration testify to its proud place in modern aviation history.
- Scottsboro Municipal Airport services Scottsboro, a small city where mountains meet lakes in Alabama’s beautiful northeastern corner.
- Posey Field is a small airfield outside northwestern Haleyville. If you have time to kill, pay an after-dark visit to the fireflies inhabiting nearby Dismals Canyon.
Top private jet airports in Florida
- Miami International Airport is South Florida’s main airport for long-haul international flights.
- Orlando Sanford International Airport sits right at the heart of Sanford, a city on the southern shore of Lake Monroe. Orlando is less than 30 miles away.
- Tampa International Airport is an airport with big plans. Located six miles west of Downtown Tampa, this innovatively run modern airfield is a central part of the region’s growth strategy.
- Palm Beach International Airport should be on your itinerary if you’re looking for the shortest route to a tropical beach holiday.
- Jacksonville International Airport is located 13 miles north of Downtown Jacksonville, with Georgia immediately to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. Cue a spectacular landing.
How long is the flight from Alabama to Florida?
The short answer is, you’ll be there before you know it. Here are some examples of Alabama-to-Florida journey times:
- The Bombardier Learjet 31 is popular for its beautiful design and ability to reach high altitudes and great cruise speeds. It can carry a party of six from Montgomery Regional Airport to Miami International Airport in a comfortable one hour and 35 minutes.
- The Cessna Citation CJ3 is a top performer in the light jet category. This roomy six-seater will get you from Mobile Regional Airport to Orlando Sanford International Airport in a fleeting one hour and 18 minutes.
- The speedy midsize Gulfstream G150 is almost more muscle than you need for the one hour and 26 minute trip from Huntsville International Airport to Tampa International Airport.
- The midsize Bombardier Learjet 55 is an excellent choice for a party of up to nine Florida-bound passengers who don’t travel light. There’s plenty of luggage space and the flight from Scottsboro Municipal Airport in northern Alabama to Palm Beach International Airport in south Florida takes just an hour and 48 minutes.
- The Hawker Beechcraft 400 may be a small twinjet but optimal design means plenty of comfort for seven passengers, who will reach Jacksonville International Airport from Posey Field in an hour and 17 minutes.
Top events in Florida
Already done Disneyworld and lazed on Palm Beach? There are countless more reasons to plan a Florida experience with like-minded family and friends. We’ve collated a few that could help shape your travel diary.
The Great American Race reaches Florida every year in February. Daytona 500 is NASCAR’s biggest, richest and most prestigious event of the year, taking place at the world’s first motorsports stadium, Daytona International Speedway at Daytona Beach from February 9-17, 2019.
For a change of pace, plan a meet-up at Tampa Bay Beer Week in March. Tampa loves its beer all year round, but sets aside the first week of March to drive the point home. While you’re in the vicinity, you may want to pay homage to the city where Magic Mike star Channing Tatum lived in his teens. The following month, head to Clearwater Beach for the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival; a 10-day romp of sand sculpting and sunsets on one of the barrier islands.
Skip all the way south to where Key West hosts an annual Hemingway Days festival in late July. This is where the legendary author of Death in the Afternoon and For Whom the Bell Tolls wrote some of his most famous books. If you happen to sport a white beard and own a safari hat, by all means sign up for the Ernest Hemingway Look-Alike contest.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alabama to Florida?
Your budget should take into account the size of your party, the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey and learn more about your options, speak to our team online or call +1 516 432 5901. Your account manager will take care of all the finer details, so that all you have to do is arrive on time to enjoy your flight.