Private jet charter from Alabama to Maine
Need a breakaway that’s a feast for the eyes and a spa for the soul? Then you should be dreaming of a Maine vacation. Here are our top picks for what to do in Maine and how to charter a private jet to the airport of your choice.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport is a joint civil-military airport serving the city of Birmingham and its metropolitan area, including Tuscaloosa. It’s located five miles northeast of Downtown Birmingham near the interchange of Interstates 20 and 59.
- Huntsville International Airport is just 10 miles southwest of Downtown Huntsville in Madison County. Huntsville is home to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the Huntsville Botanical Garden and Monte Sano State Park.
- Northwest Alabama Regional Airport is located a mile east of Muscle Shoals in Colbert County. The airport covers 640 acres of land and has two asphalt paved runways. It opened in February 1940 and was taken over by the U.S. Army Air Forces in during World War II as a pilot training facility.
- Middleton Field is a public-use airport located five miles west of the central business district (CBD) of Evergreen, a city in Conecuh County.
Top private jet airports in Maine
- Portland International Jetport is a public airport two miles west of Downtown Portland that accounts for 90% of the state’s passenger travel and over 95% of air cargo, with direct connections to major airport hubs throughout the United States.
- Hancock County–Bar Harbor Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport located in Trenton, eight miles northwest of the CBD of Bar Harbor, a town on Mount Desert Island along Maine’s Frenchman Baya City. It serves as a gateway to the mountains and cliffs of neighboring Acadia National Park.
- Bangor International Airport is a joint civil-military public airport on the west side of the city of Bangor. On Main Street, a towering statue of folkloric lumberjack Paul Bunyan hints at Bangor’s former status as a timber hub.
- Knox County Regional Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport located three miles south of Rockland CBD.
How long does it take to fly from Alabama to Maine?
- It takes two hours and 47 minutes to fly from Birmingham International Airport to Portland International Jetport on a Sikorsky S-92; a four-bladed, twin-engine, medium-lift helicopter. Its stand-up cabin is spacious and comfortable and can seat up to 19 passengers.
- You can get from Huntsville International Airport to Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in just under three hours on the twin-engined Piper PA-34, which has been in production since 1971 with several upgrades to improve avionics.
- It takes three hours and 20 minutes to fly from Middleton Field to Bangor International Airport on a Piper Cheyenne (400LS). The Piper Cheyenne has comparable performance to aircraft like the Cessna Citation, but has a more spacious cabin and significantly lower fuel consumption, especially at lower altitudes.
Top events in Maine
Keeping it natural in Bar Harbor
The dioramas and exhibits at the Dorr Museum of Natural History have been made entirely by college students. You’ll find out what the filters of a whale’s mouth feel like by moving your fingers over a whale’s baleen bristles. And there are many other treasures – eggs, birds, insets, sea snails, amphibians and reptiles – to be seen and experienced at the former headquarters of Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor. Visitors are encourage to interact with the exhibits, especially those in the museum’s tide pool.
If you’re a fan of horror author Stephen King, Maine's towns and landscape might already seem familiar to you. That’s because he’s used his hometown as inspiration for many of his novels. You can visit King’s eccentric mansion just outside Downtown Bangor for a glimpse into the writer’s life.
Penobscot Narrows Bridge and Observatory
This 2,120-foot-long cable suspension bridge and observation tower offers one of the best views of Maine. Straddling the Penobscot River between Verona Island and Prospect, it’s the world’s tallest public bridge observatory. While there, visit the nearby village of Bucksport and the historic Fort Knox, built in 1844.
The Maine State Prison Showroom near Thomaston displays trinkets and toys made by maximum security prisoners. Craftworks including dollhouses, piggy banks, puzzle boxes and intricate wooden ships are available to buy at reasonable prices. More than a unique shopping experience, a visit to the showroom gives visitors a personal insight into the people behind bars and how they choose to express themselves.
Can’t get enough of blueberries?
Wild Blueberry Land is a theme park dedicated to Maine’s official fruit. You can’t miss the large blue dome, located just off Route 1 in Columbia Hills. Inside, a bakery serves blueberry pastries, breads and sweets; while the park’s seven acres also include a blueberry-themed mini-golf course, a lighthouse, a grandfather clock and a large blueberry pie that was once a TV satellite dish. Looking out over the Pleasant River and Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, the thin glacial soil and northern climate create ideal growing conditions for wild blueberries. In addition, the park’s educational program teaches the benefits of farming and gardening.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Alabama to Maine?
Your trip will vary in cost according to the aircraft you charter and the route you have planned. For a rough estimate, read this blog about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Or, if you’re in need of a precise quote for your travels, call us on +1 516 432 5901 or speak to our team online, who will take you through your options.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7