Private jet charter from Indiana to Georgia
Chartering a private jet from Indiana to Georgia means you can land at numerous private jet airports and have the freedom to travel on your own schedule. Here are our picks for top private jet airports and what to do in Georgia once you’ve arrived in style.
Top private jet airports in Indiana
- Monroe County Airport is five miles southwest of Bloomington. Situated on 1,035 acres of land, it has two asphalt runways.
- Richmond Municipal Airport sits six miles southeast of Richmond in Wayne County. Owned by the Richmond Board of Aviation Commissioners, it’s a public-use airport with two runways that are 5,000 feet and longer.
- Fort Wayne International Airport is located in the city of Fort Wayne in northeastern Indiana, near attractions including the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception with its 19th-century stained glass.
- De Kalb County Airport is situated three miles south of Auburn in DeKalb County, northeastern Indiana. Visitors from all over the world travel to Auburn-DeKalb County to view the county’s classic car collection.
Top private jet airports in Georgia
- Middle Georgia Regional Airport is located nine nautical miles south of the central business district (CBD) of Macon, a city in Bibb County. Macon is close to Ocmulgee National Monument with its large Native American earthen mounds, as well as the Tubman Museum’s exhibits of African-American art, history and culture.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport is a public- and military-use airport owned by the City of Savannah, located seven miles northwest of the CBD. It sits just off Interstate 95, between Savannah and the city of Pooler.
- Cartersville Airport is three miles southwest of Cartersville CBD in Bartow County. It’s owned by the Cartersville Bartow Airport Authority and located near the Red Top Mountain State Park and Etowah Indiana Mounds Historic Site.
- Columbus Airport, formerly known as the Columbus Metropolitan Airport, is a public -use airport located three miles northeast of Columbus CBD in Muscogee County.
How long does it take to fly from Indiana to Georgia?
- Flights to Georgia take an hour and 18 minutes from Monroe County Airport to Middle Georgia Regional Airport on a Hawker Beechcraft 200 Premier II, which features higher cruise speeds and a 20% longer range than its predecessor, the Premier IA. It can carry up to six passengers.
- It takes just over an hour and a half to fly from Richmond Municipal Airport to Savannah Hilton Head International Airport on a Cessna 208 Caravan, which typically accommodates up to nine passengers. This single-engined turboprop can be fitted with various types of landing gear in order to land on snow, unprepared runways or water.
- Fort Wayne International Airport to Cartersville Airport takes one hour and 18 minutes on the Gulfstream III; a long-range, high-speed business jet.
Top events in Georgia
A kaleidoscope of street art
If you’re into street art, Atlanta’s Krog Street Tunnel is the place to go. Every inch of the underground tunnels and viaducts are covered with graffiti, including small tags, large murals and underground festival flyers. This is where the art never stops, being continuously added to or covered with new art. Word of the graffiti has spread and has dedicated websites post an image a day from the Krog Street underground.
The tree that owns itself in Athens
This white oak really does own itself. Its last owner, a William H.Jackson, was so fond of it and wanted so desperately to protect it for all time that he signed over the official deed to the tree, which also includes the surrounding 8ft plot of land. Unfortunately, the tree was destroyed in a windstorm in 1942, but residents of Athens planted a seedling of the original in the same spot. Today you can visit the new tree, named “Son of the Tree that Owns Itself”, at the corner of Dearing and Finley Streets.
Driftwood with a difference on Jekyll Island
Visit the surreal landscape of bleached and preserved fallen trees on Jekyll Island – Georgia’s smallest barrier island. Constant erosion has created a scene of gnarly pine and oak trees in weird and wonderful shapes that seem to appear from the depths of sand. Due to its otherworldly beauty, Driftwood Beach is a popular place for local couples to get married.
The ancient Etowah Indian Mounds were created thousands of years ago by the ancient Mississippians. Even though only 10% of mounds have been explored, they have yielded up many artifacts, bodies, weapons, tools, domestic items and traditional dress, which have given anthropologists some insight into this ancient culture. The six plateaus that make up the Etowah site were built in different phases down the centuries, showing how the work and life of a culturally advanced people evolved over time.
Jimmy Carter’s smiling peanut on the Plains
For a bit of fun and some great family pics, stop by the 13-foot smiling peanut – a testimony to the fact that Jimmy Carter won the 1976 presidential election with a landslide victory in his home state of Georgia. You can find peanuts a-plenty in the Plains, and since Jimmy Carter originated in this area, too, it seems only right the peanut and famous Carter smile are brought together in the smiling peanut.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Indiana to Georgia?
The length and price of your flight from Indiana to Georgia will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane or, for a precise quote for your journey, speak to our team online or call them on +1 516 432 5901 to go through your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, your dedicated account manager will take care of everything.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7