Private jet charter from Kansas to Minnesota
Pack your fishing rod; you’re going to Minnesota! Little more than an one-hour hop from dead-central Kansas, the Land of 10,000 Lakes offers a unique set of experiences including kayaking down the Mississippi, visiting Minneapolis’s world-famous art museums, partying like Prince, fishing and eating lots of food on sticks. Ready to plan your trip to the Star of the North? Here you can discover the best airports to fly from/to and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Kansas
- Just seven miles west of Wichita, Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is named after the 34th U.S. President and is the busiest and largest airport in the state of Kansas. Its airport code, ICT, is so iconic, that it’s often used as a nickname for the state’s largest city.
- Salina Regional Airport, formerly a municipal airport, lies a few minutes south-west of Salina in Saline County. It’s home to the Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus flight department, also known as “K-State Salina”.
- Dodge City Regional Airport is just three miles outside Dodge City in Ford County. Nearby is the old abandoned Dodge City Army Airfield, where the Stanley Feed Yard now resides.
- Nine miles southeast of Garden City in Finney County is the Garden City Regional Airport. During WWII it was used as a training field for the Army Air Forces Flying Training Command, when it was known as GC Army Airfield.
- Manhattan Regional Airport is the state’s second-busiest airport, located five miles outside the college town of Manhattan.
Top private jet airports in Minnesota
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport lies 10 miles from both Minneapolis and St. Paul and is the busiest airport in the Upper Midwest.
- St. Paul Downtown Holman Field Airport is located just across the Mississippi River from St. Paul. It functions as a reliever airport and is a smart alternative for travelers heading for the Twin Cities.
- Only five miles from the central business district of Duluth, a freshwater port city in St. Louis County, Duluth International Airport is Minnesota’s third-busiest airport and an excellent starting point for your visit to the lakes and forests of the northeast.
- Not too busy and offering free parking right outside the terminal, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport sits three miles outside the city of Brainerd in Crow Wing County; setting of the Coen brothers crime movie, Fargo.
- St. Cloud Regional Airport is located just seven miles from St. Cloud in Sherburne County, Minnesota.
How long is the flight from Kansas to Minnesota?
- The light, contemporary Cessna Citation V Encore can get you and seven friends from Manhattan Regional Airport to St. Cloud Regional Airport in just over an hour.
- Dodge City Regional Airport to Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport is a smooth flight of just under two hours in the Hawker Beechcraft 900 XP. This jet seats up to nine passengers comfortably in a spacious cabin – or make a smaller party and pack your skis.
- Though you’re only in the air for just over an hour, nothing beats the comfort and class of the super-heavy Gulfstream V. Fly from Garden City Regional Airport to Duluth Regional Airport in absolute luxury with a party of up to 16.
Top events in Minnesota
Minnesota has produced its share of poets and performers – including, of course, the one and only Prince. The 1984 movie Purple Rain was set in Minneapolis, where Prince grew up and was a regular performer at downtown rock venue First Avenue & 7th St Entry. It’s still a great place to remember the star on his home turf. Other Minnesotans who made the big-time include Bob Dylan, Winona Ryder, Jessica Biel, Jessica Lange and cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, who created the Peanuts comic strip.
Remember when Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon went ice-fishing in Grumpy Old Men? Well if you loved the movie, you’ll love the Grumpy Old Men Festival, which takes place towards the end of February in the quaint Mississippi river town of Wabasha. The tongue-in-cheek celebration of winter includes curious activities like snow golf, an ice shack contest and a spaghetti dinner dance. You’ll leave smiling!
Minnesotans are famously fit and healthy (bar the odd bout of binge-drinking; must be those famously good Bloody Marys) and the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon in October is considered the “most beautiful urban marathon in America”. Running not your thing? Then join the 300,000 or so spectators offering support at 10 cheering zones.
Minnesota’s lively music scene plays out on many stages throughout the Twin Cities region, but the country’s premier classic rock festival takes place in the Leech Lake/Chippewa National Forest Area near Walker in July. Past performers at the Moondance Jam have included Styx, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Peter Frampton and Kid Rock.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Kansas to Minnesota?
Your budget will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Find out more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Then speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901 for a bespoke quote that meets all your needs.