Private jet charter from Maryland to Montana
Montana, a.k.a. Big Sky Country, is home to vast and beautiful rivers, snow-capped peaks and more lakes than you could visit in a lifetime. In our latest blog, we look at how to make your trip here from Maryland one to remember, including the best airports to fly between and some highlights for your stay.
Top private jet airports in Maryland
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport serves the Baltimore metropolitan area and is Maryland’s busiest airfield. Its name honors the first African American Supreme Court justice, but locals refer to it simply as ‘BWI Marshall’.
- Frederick Municipal Airport is located in the city of Frederick, where the famous ‘clustered spires’ of its historic downtown churches will salute your departure.
- Maryland Airport is located four miles east of the town of Indian Head, overlooking the Potomac River.
- Tipton Municipal Airport occupies a prime position between Washington and Baltimore. Its name honors military pilot and local hero Colonel ‘Shorty’ Tipton.
- Hagerstown Regional Airport, aka Richard A. Henson Field, is located five miles north of Hagerstown, a center of transit and commerce in semi-rural Western Maryland.
Top private jet airports in Montana
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is Montana’s busiest, not least because of its proximity to Yellowstone National Park. Enjoy breathtaking mountain vistas as you come in for landing.
- Great Falls International Airport, located three miles southwest of Great Falls in Cascade County, puts you in close proximity to a series of five falls on the upper Missouri River – a grand sight to welcome you to Montana.
- Helena Regional Airport serves the capital of Montana. It’s where famous aviator Charles Lindbergh landed in 1927, during the first-ever Montana Air Meet.
- Three miles south of Butte, Bert Mooney Airport is named for a local flyboy who was the first to fly mail into Yellowstone National Park.
- Missoula International Airport is located five miles outside Missoula on Montana’s western edge. This is fly-fishing country, made famous by the movie A River Runs Through It.
How long is the flight from Maryland to Montana?
Around four-and-a-half hours, depending on the route you choose and the aircraft your charter. Here are some examples of Maryland-to-Montana journey times:
- It takes four hours and 18 minutes to fly from Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport – plenty of time to enjoy the contemporary styling of the eight-seater Cessna Citation V Encore.
- Shave three minutes off the trip when you fly from Frederick Municipal Airport to Great Falls International Airport in the Bombardier Learjet 31, which carries up to six passengers in total comfort.
- The midsize Hawker Beechcraft 800 can take you and seven fellow travelers from Maryland Airport to Helena Regional Airport in four hours and 24 minutes.
- For an effortlessly relaxing journey in just under four-and-a-half hours, fly from Tipton Municipal Airport to Bert Mooney Airport in the Embraer Legacy 450.
Top events in Montana
Thanks to its slow pace and remote location, Montana generally keeps a low profile; but it’s known in popular culture as the home of daredevil stunt performer Evel Knievel, the birthplace of actors Gary Cooper and Jeff Bridges, the inspiration for A River Runs Through It and the filming location of The Horse Whisperer.
Visit sleepy Martin City, near the west entrance to the Glacier National Park, for the annual Barstool Ski Races during February’s Cabin Fever Festival. Dating back almost forty years, this fun-packed event involves attaching your bar stool to a pair of skis and racing down the snowy slopes. In a similar goofy vein, the Annual Great Montana Sheep Drive involves hundreds of sheep running down the main drag of Reed Point, a small town on the Yellowstone River. It’s like Pamplona’s Running of the Bulls but without the sharp bits, and more proof that visitors to Montana should definitely bring their sense of humor.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Maryland to Montana?
Your budget should take into account the size of your party, the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey and learn more about your options, speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901. Your dedicated account manager will then take care of everything, so all you have to do is arrive in good time to enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7