Private jet charter from South Carolina to Maine
If you’re planning a trip from South Carolina to Maine, you couldn’t have done better – after all, it’s known as Vacationland! Read on for some of the best things to see and do and how to choose the best airports for private jet flights.
Top private jet airports in South Carolina
- Florence Regional Airport sits just three miles east of Florence in South Carolina. It’s a small airport that sees very little traffic.
- Charleston international Airport is located in North Charleston, about 12 miles northwest of downtown. It’s South Carolina’s busiest and largest airport.
- The single-runway Greenville-Spartanburg international Airport is South Carolina’s second busiest, located about halfway between Greenville and Spartanburg.
- Just three miles southwest of Myrtle Beach in Horry County, Myrtle Beach International Airport is located on the site of the Myrtle Beach Air Force Base.
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport is located five miles from Columbia in Lexington County. Once a military base dating back to World War II, it’s now a major economic engine for South Carolina’s Midlands region.
Top private jet airports in Maine
- Portland International Jetport, only two miles west of downtown Portland in Cumberland County, is Maine’s busiest airport. The Portland Explorer shuttle bus service offers easy access to the city.
- Located to the west of the city of Bangor, the single-runway Bangor International Airport was once known as the Dow Air Force Base and is still home to the Maine National Guard’s 101st Air Refueling Wing.
- Located eight miles from Bar Harbor in Trenton, Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport is busiest in summer when visitors flock to the Maine coast.
- Knox County Regional Airport is a quick three-mile drive south of Rockland. Stop by the onsite Owls Head Transportation Museum to admire antique aircraft and soak up some aviation history.
- Northern Maine Regional Airport, also known as Presque Island International Airport, is only one mile northwest of Presque Island in Aroostook County. The town hosts an annual celebration of the first successful transatlantic balloon crossing, which started right here.
How long is the flight from South Carolina to Maine?
You’ll be up in the air for about two-and-a-half hours, depending on your route and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of South Carolina-to-Maine journey times:
- The flight from Columbia Metropolitan Airport to Knox County Regional Airport in the light and elegant Cessna Citation V Ultra takes just under two-and-a-half hours. The time will fly thanks to the eight-seater model’s revised features.
- Flying from Charleston International Airport to Portland International Airport in the super-mid-class Bombardier Challenger 300 takes approximately two-and-a-half hours. Stretch your legs in the 10-seater luxury jet’s stand-up cabin and enjoy its entertainment centre.
- Larger group? Extra luggage? Then the Dornier D328 Jet Envoy is the aircraft for you. It will get you and your 13 best friends from Florence Regional Airport to Bangor International Airport in just over two hours in luxury and comfort, with various VIP layouts to suit your travel needs.
Top things to do in Maine
They say Maine is the first place in the US to receive the rays of the sun, so you’ll be up early looking for things to do. From fairs and food festivals to concerts and art exhibitions, you’ll soon find yourself spoiled for choice. Head to Ogunquit for the Dogtoberfest Beach Walk in October, a featured event during its annual Ogunquitfest festival when local galleries, museums and theatres work together to curate an epic experience inspired by the region’s artistic and cultural heritage. October also brings the Fall Hiking Spree, during which you can take in the majesty of the Maine Woods while exploring the state’s natural beauty in a deeper, more meaningful way. Sunset walks in Gulf Hagas, canoeing down the Pleasant River and sleepovers in rustic cabins are all part of this unforgettable experience.
A different kind of trail welcomes you in the resort town of Boothbay Harbor, New England’s boating capital. The Boothbay Harbor Regional Sculpture Trail features a public display of local artists’ works along trails that wind through the beautiful Boothbay Harbor region. This brand-new initiative is designed to showcase locally-produced art and the natural beauty of remote locations such as Ocean Point, Southport and Barter’s Island.
Events aside, for outdoor adventurers there are lakes and mountains to explore in the Kennebec Valley, beaches to visit all along the coast and camping and hiking in the White Mountain National Forest. Climb Mount Katahdin, Maine’s tallest peak, and explore Marginal Way near downtown Ongunquit, whose name means “beautiful place by the sea”.
For city-lovers,Maine boasts world-famous lobster, a booming brewing scene and a great appreciation for the arts. Sample Maine’s legendary lobsters and clams at the seafood market in vibrant state capital Augusta and explore coastal Portland’s pubs and eateries during a stroll around “America’s Foodiest Small Town”, which is also the world’s leading craft beer destination. The city’s Alberta Arts District is brimming with hip hangouts, vibrant murals and quirky locals.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from South Carolina to Maine?
Your budget depends on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Find out more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. Then speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901 for a tailor-made quote that suits your preferences and your pocket. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will be assigned to take care of everything, so that all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7