Private Jet Charter Indiana for the Indy 500
Love IndyCar racing? Then don’t miss the 2017 Indy 500 at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway track and arrive there in style with the private jet of your choice.
Private Jet Charter Indy 500
If you’re an IndyCar fan, why not arrange private jet charter to Indiana to arrive at this year’s race in style and comfort? Chartering a private jet can be a convenient, cost-effective solution if you’re flying to the event with a group. We can arrange luxurious private jets from all over the country, from light to medium and heavy planes.
There are 10 airports within 20 miles of the racetrack, including Indianapolis International Airport and Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport. Flights from neighbouring Detroit take just over an hour and cost from $9,700 in a light jet for up to eight passengers, while prices for a heavy jet suitable for 16 people start at $27,000. Flights from Chicago flights could take 55 minutes and cost between $9,000 for a light jet up to $30,000 and more for a heavy jet.
Indy 500 History and Traditions
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway was built in 1909, but it wasn’t until co-owner Carl G. Fisher devised one spectacular 500-mile race that the 2.5-mile oval circuit found fame. Fisher named the event the Indy 500, which ran for the first time on May 30th, 1911. American driver Ray Harroun won the race in a Marmon Wasp, one of the first cars with a rear view mirror. The Indy 500 is now one of the oldest races in the world and has become part of the Triple Crown for motorsports alongside the Monaco Grand Prix and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Held annually on Memorial Day weekend, the Indy 500 is now part of the Verizon IndyCar Series and features 33 of the world’s top drivers. Race traditions include the 500 festival parade, which has become one of the top three parades in America. Each year, the race begins with the song Back Home in Indiana and the release of red, white, and blue balloons. Milk has been the traditional winning toast since the 1936 winner Louis Meyer was seen drinking it on live TV.
2017 Schedule for the Indy 500
The 2017 Indy 500 launches on May 15th and features two weeks of practice days, racing events, and concerts leading up to the main race on May 28th. You can find the full 2017 schedule here but these are the main highlights:
- Indy 500 Practice Days on May 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, and 22nd – gates open at 10 a.m. EDT and drivers start running practice races from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Indy 500 “Fast Friday” on May 19th – gates open at 10 a.m. for practice races from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. plus the Indy 500 qualifying draw.
- Indy 500 Practice and Qualifications on May 20th – gates open at 7 a.m. for practice and qualification races from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Armed Forces Pole Day on May 21st – gates open at 9 a.m. for the enlistment ceremony and qualification races take place from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Miller Lite CARB Day on May 26th – events run from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. and include a historic race car exhibition, practice laps, a pit stop challenge, and the Indy Lights Freedom 100 Race.
- The CARB concert featuring Steve Miller Band starts at 3.30 p.m.
- Legends Day by Firestone on May 27th – runs from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. and features autograph sessions with drivers, the parade, and the Legends Day concert headlined by Keith Urban at 3.30 p.m.
- The Indy 500 on May 28th – gates open at 6 a.m. for the Snake Pit concert and the Indy 500 race starts at 12.20 p.m.
How to get Tickets to the 2017 Indy 500
You can buy tickets to the Indy 500 via the official website. General admission tickets for race day cost $40 and reserved seating is priced from $55 to $205. Single day luxury suites for spectacular race-track views range from $3,745 to $10,000 and include 40 tickets, parking passes, and transferable pit and garage passes. Penthouse and Tower Suite tickets are available from resale sites from $250 to $8,881.
So, once you’ve bought tickets to the 2017 Indy 500, why not fly to Indianapolis in style? We can arrange a luxury private jet charter to whisk you straight to Indianapolis International Airport, just six miles from the Motor Speedway.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7