What you need to know about private jet charter from California to Illinois
Find out about how to travel from California to Illinois by private jet charter, including which are the best airports to use and how long it takes.
Top cities and private jet airports in California
- Van Nuys Airport, located in the San Fernando Valley, is a popular choice for private jet charter in Los Angeles, ideal for those who want to avoid Los Angeles International.
- Bob Hope Airport, north of Los Angeles, is smaller than Los Angeles International Airport and is a convenient airport to depart from if you’re setting off from Universal Studios or Hollywood.
- San Diego International Airport is ideally located just over two miles northwest of downtown San Diego, a favorite destination for business and leisure.
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, making it ideal for business charters and those flying in for meetings.
- Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport is located three miles north of Long Beach, a popular beach destination, and is also easily accessed from Downtown Los Angeles and northern Orange County.
Top cities and private jet airports in Illinois
The midwestern state of Illinois is home to around 12.9 million people and is made up of a large collection of cities – the biggest being Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet and Naperville. The top destination for private jet charter in Illinois is Chicago, nicknamed ‘The Windy City’ for its offshore winds. The city is loved for its spectacular skyline and iconic skyscrapers, including Willis Tower and John Hancock Center. Millennium Park is a main attraction that is home to the sculpture Cloud Gate by Anish Kapoor, along with the city’s diverse cultural offerings such as its museums and planetarium. Famous for deep dish pizza, jazz and the scenic beaches at Lake Front, there are multiple airports that cater to private jets serving the city.
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport is seven miles away from the central business district of Chicago in Cook County.
- Chicago Midway International Airport is located eight miles from the Loop. Midway Airport is the second-largest commercial airport in the Chicago metropolitan area, as well as the state of Illinois, second only to O'Hare International Airport.
- Chicago Executive Airport is located 18 miles northwest of Chicago in the village of Wheeling, Cook County.
- Aurora is the second most populated area in Illinois and is serviced by Aurora Municipal Airport.
- If you are traveling to the state capital, Springfield, fly to Lincoln Municipal Airport, three miles northwest from downtown Springfield.
How long is the flight from California to Illinois?
It takes between four and five hours to fly from California to Illinois, depending on which airports you fly between and the type of aircraft. Here are some examples of California to Illinois journey times:
- Flying from San Diego International Airport to Chicago O’Hare International Airport in a super light jet such as a Gulfstream G100, which can carry up to seven passengers, would take 4 hours 44 minutes.
- A flight from Metropolitan Oakland International to Chicago Executive Airport in a light jet like Bombardier Learjet 35 36 would take 4 hours 20 minutes.
- Flying from Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport to Lincoln Capital Airport in a midsize jet like an IAI Westwind, which can carry up to eight passengers, would take 3 hours 53 minutes.
Top 2018 events in Illinois
Home to the Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, White Sox and Cubs, Chicago is proud of its sporting legacy. This year is set to be extra special, as the city hosts the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship in the summer and the Laver Cup, sponsored by Rolex, later in the year. The Laver Cup will see the six best tennis players from Europe – ‘Team Europe’ – play against six top players from the rest of the world – ‘Team World’. Watch international tennis champions like Nadal and Federer go head-to-head in the second year of this groundbreaking new tournament, held at the United Center in Chicago from September 21st – 22nd.
Thought of as one of the jazz capitals of the world, Chicago’s Jazz Festival, held at Millenium Park from August 30th to September 2nd, is set to be swinging, along with the Chicago Blues Festival in June. Foodies will be treated to the world’s biggest food festival at Taste of Chicago, which will take place at Grant Park from July 4th – 8th.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from California to Illinois?
This will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog about how much it costs to charter a private jet. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team who can run you through your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, our dedicated team will take care of all the details, so that all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your private jet charter.