Whisky and irons Islay escape
Head to one of Scotland’s most scenic spots for a three night stay on a stunning links golf course. Tucked away in the dunes of Islay, The Machrie hotel overlooks seven miles of pristine beach and its very own golf course.
- Private charter flights to and from Islay
- 3 night hotel stay at The Machrie
- Full Scottish breakfast each morning
- Two rounds of golf (one per person) on the 18-hole links course
- Use of the six-hole, par three Wee Course, the Hebrides putting course and practise areas
- Two 50-minute treatments (one per person) at PureGray Spa
- Use of the gym and sauna
- Full-day private guided tour of Islay, including two distillery tours of your choice.
Land by the links
Enjoy a birds-eye view of the island and its sweeping coastline as you come in to land at Islay airport. Don’t forget to look out for the links course, overlooking Laggan Bay.
Settle into your luxurious room or blow away the cobwebs with a bracing walk along the beach.
A taste of Scotland
Start the day with a hearty full Scottish breakfast overlooking the 18th green and Laggan Bay beyond, in The Machrie’s beautiful restaurant, 18.
Designed in 1891 by Willie Campbell, the course was recently modernised by former European Ryder Cup Vice Captain and PGA tour player D J Russell, and offers an ever-changing challenge to golfers of all levels.
Head straight to the 18-hole Machrie Links, or warm up and get your eye in on the six-hole, par three Wee Course. There’s also a putting course and practise areas to work on your short game before you take on the main course.
After a full day of golf, soothe aching muscles with a 50-minute treatment at PureGray Spa and a visit to the sauna, or hit the gym for a calming cool down.
Pick your two favourite Islay distilleries, and enjoy a full-day whisky-tasting tour with your own private guide. If time allows, you can also visit up to four more distilleries for photos, shopping and a wee dram or two.