Your jet-setting guide to golfing around Australia in 2018
Golf has long been one of Australia’s most popular sports. In fact, more than 460,000 Aussies are members of golf clubs and over 1.3 million play golf each year. Golf courses nestled in Australia’s city suburbs, such as Melbourne’s famous sandbelts and the iconic Mornington Peninsula region, are attracting fanatics from around the world. If you’re an amateur player wanting to get involved in all the golfing action Down Under, here’s a selection of Australia’s best golf courses and tours.
Australia’s top 3 golf courses
Australia is home to a range of incredible golf courses, including:
- The National Golf Club, located at Cape Schanck on the most southern tip of the Mornington Peninsula, has long been considered one of Australia’s most prestigious courses. It’s comprised of three spectacular courses – the Old National Course, the New Moonah Course and the Ocean Course. The latter two were built in 1996 after the original Old National Course acquired nearby land. Today all three greens are recognised as some of the best in the world and voted in Australia’s top 40.
- Royal Melbourne Golf Club, established in 1891, is one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most celebrated courses. Situated in Black Rock, Victoria, it’s made up of two courses: West Course and East Course, ranked 1 and 6 in Australia respectively. The 36-hole West Course rivals the world’s best and is a worthwhile stop on your golfing tour Down Under.
- Kingston Heath Golf Club, located in the world-famous sandbelt area of southeast Melbourne, is widely regarded as being among the best golf courses in Australia, ranking only behind the Royal Melbourne West Course. It even takes the 27th spot on the global list, hosting the Australian Masters tournament in 2009 and currently playing to a par of 72.
Australia’s top 3 golfing tours
If you dream of visiting a string of golf courses Down Under, consider a world-class Australian golfing tour. Including luxury accommodation and rounds at some of the country’s best courses, below are three top packages available:
Melbourne & Mornington Peninsula Combo Golf Tour
This five-night tour premieres a range of world-famous golf courses and includes:
- Three nights with breakfast at the Crown Metropole or Westin Hotel in Melbourne
- Two nights at Peppers Moonah Links
- Four rounds of golf at Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath, The National and Moonah Links
- Private airport transport, hotel and golf course transfers throughout
This five-day package costs $1,400 per person and can be purchased here.
Barnbougle & King Island Tasmania Golf Tour
This three-night golfing holiday covers some of Australia’s best golf courses and most scenic backdrops. Tour includes:
- Three nights in either the Cottages at the Dunes or the Lost Farms Lodge, both located at Barnbougle Golf Resort
- Four rounds of golf at Barnbougle Lost Farms, Barnbougle Golf Links, Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham
- Triangular flights returning to Essendon Airport
- Optional extra of playing with a golf pro
For more information and prices, click here.
Best of Australia Golf Tour
Showcasing Australia’s famously laidback attitude, breathtaking scenery and world-famous golf, this 17-night package includes:
- Five nights with breakfast at the Crown Metropole in Melbourne
- Two nights with breakfast at the Lost Farm at Barnbougle Dunes
- Four nights with breakfast at the Crowne Plaza Adelaide
- Three nights with breakfast at the Shangri-La Sydney
- Three nights with breakfast at the Beach Club, Hamilton Island
- Nine rounds of golf at each of Australia’s nine most prestigious courses, including:
- Royal Melbourne
- Kingston Heath
- Lost Farm
- Barnbougle Dunes
- Royal Adelaide
- Hamilton Island
- Five-course dinner at Melbourne’s famous Tramcar Restaurant
- Private wine tour to the world renowned Barossa Valley
- Sydney city tour and harbour cruise
- Private airport, hotel and golf course transfers throughout
Package costs $5,400 per person for a 5-star experience and $4,830 for a 4.5-star experience. Tickets can be purchased here.
Once you’ve arranged your golf tour package Down Under, why not arrive in fitting style by chartering a private jet to Australia? We can organise the perfect jet to whisk you straight to Melbourne International Airport or whichever airport is closest to the course. Simply contact us online for more information and to arrange your private jet charter.