Charter a private jet from Alabama to Hawaii
This could well be the trip of a lifetime – from the 22nd state to the 50th, from the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico to an isolated volcanic archipelago in the Central Pacific. The only US state located outside North America, Hawaii was a sovereign kingdom before American and European capitalist interests overthrew the monarchy and set it on course to become a surfer’s paradise and one of the world’s most coveted vacation destinations for well-heeled island-hoppers.
Hawaii consists of hundreds of islands spread out over 1,500 miles and is part of the Polynesian subregion of Oceania. Its tallest mountain is Mauna Kea – which is taller than Mount Everest if measured from the seabed – and it’s so remote that entirely new flora and fauna have evolved from the life brought here by wind, waves and wings. Those are bird wings, not the wings of private jets; although the latter does contribute to the island state’s celebrity population. Of course, no Hawaiian citizen is more famous than former president Barack Obama, who attended Punahou School in capital city Honolulu. But Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler and Bruno Mars were also born here and Oprah owns a 780-acre ranch on Maui, whose produce is donated to the local community. So you’ll be in excellent company!
Things you should know before you say ‘aloha’ to the people of Hawaii: it is custom, when you visit a private home, to bring a small gift and to remove your shoes at the entrance. Tourism is Hawaii’s primary source of income, but it’s about more than sunning yourself on Waikiki Beach. Surfing was born here, with big wave season running from November to February on Hawaii’s north shores. It was once the exclusive domain of Hawaiian royalty (in case you were wondering why it’s called the ‘sport of kings’), but modern Hawaii is what surfer dreams are made of wherever there’s a big swell or a gentle break, and the history of Hawaii is so intertwined with the sport that several words in Hawai’I Creole English have found their way into surfer language around the globe. Da kine, brah!
Here you can find out all about our top picks for your private jet charter from Alabama to Hawaii, including the best airports to fly from/to and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Alabama
- Tuscaloosa Regional Airport is located just over three miles from the western Alabama city of Tuscaloosa and should shave some time off the long flight to the Central Pacific.
- Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport is five miles outside Downtown Birmingham and home to the Southern Museum of Flight. It’s named for Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth to honor his contribution to the Civil Rights Movement.
- Montgomery Regional (Dannelly Field) Airport is a joint civil-military airport situated seven miles southwest of the Alabaman capital and a great spot to hang out if you love the sound of F-16 Fighting Falcons roaring into the sky.
- Camden Municipal Airport is a 100-year-old aviation facility near Camden, a small city steeped in Civil War history.
- Craig Field Airport in Dallas County serves Selma, a landmark city in the history of social justice activism.
Top private jet airports in Hawaii
- Dillingham Airfield is located six miles from Waialua, a community 30 miles outside Hawaiian capital Honolulu. Several scenes from TV series Lost were filmed here.
- Kalaeloa John Rodgers Field near Honolulu was named after Commander John Rodgers, a daredevil who made the first attempt to fly from San Francisco to Hawaii in 1925.
- Lihue Airport is the primary airport on the island of Kauai.
- Lanai Airport is located near the central business district of Lanai City and is the only airport serving the island of Lanai.
- Upolu Airport sits on the northern tip of the Big Island. If you’re an aspiring Iron Man or Woman, you’ll be familiar with nearby Hawi, famously the turnaround point for the Ironman World Championship.
Top events in Hawaii
If you’re a surfer, these are the two major Hawaii-based competitions for your diary: the Triple Crown of Surfing and The Eddie. The Triple takes place on Oahu’s North Shore, famous for swells that can reach up to 50 feet, and kicks off with The Hawaiian Pro in November. Next up is the World Cup of Surfing at Sunset Beach, ahead of season finale The Pipeline Masters in December. The Eddie is a big wave tournament at Waimea Bay, named after big wave champion and lifeguard Eddie Aikau, who was lost at sea aged 31. The competition window is between December and February, with only 28 big-wave riders invited to participate. Outside of big-wave season, the Merrie Monarch Festival in Hilo is a prestigious celebration of the Polynesian dance form called the hula, which is credited with bringing about a revival of Hawaiian culture. This week-long festival is held during the week after Easter.
Another highlight on the Honolulu calendar is the Rainbow Film Festival, the longest-running LGBT film festival in the US. Catch it at the Doris Duke Theatre at the Honolulu Museum of Art in August.
How long is the flight from Alabama to Hawaii?
Miles of blue sky above, miles of blue ocean below. It takes around 10 hours to fly from Alabama to the middle of the ocean, so make sure you have excellent company along. Here are some examples of Alabama-to-Hawaii journey times.
- From Tuscaloosa Regional Airport, the Dassault Falcon 900EX DW LX will get you to Dillingham Airfield in just under 10 hours. This 14-seater is great at handling short runways at high altitudes.
- The Cessna Citation Excel has room for up to eight passengers and one of the largest baggage compartments in its class. The trip from Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International to Kalaeloa John Rodgers takes just over 10 hours, including a stop to refuel.
- The Bombardier Global 5000 gets you and seven fellow surfers from Montgomery Regional Dannelly Field to Lihue Airport in about 10 hours and 16 minutes.
- Get to Lanai Island from Camden Municipal Airport in just under 10 hours in the Bombardier Challenger 600 or 601. 10 friends can fly along.
- The trip from Craig Field Airport to Upolu Airport takes just under 10 hours in the Gulfstream G450. It comfortably seats up to 16 island vacationers.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alabama to Hawaii?
The cost of a charter depends on which aircraft you charter and your chosen route. Find out more in this blog post on the cost of hiring a private plane. For a personalized quote for your specific journey, contact us online or speak to our team on +1 516 432 5901.