Charter a private jet from Alaska to Arizona
Natural wonders, lively cities and charming small towns – Arizona has them all, plus some cool and unusual attractions including the world’s largest rose bush, a desert home shaped like a golf ball and a Flintstones-themed amusement park. Here’s how to see it all by private jet charter.
Highlights of Arizona
There are many great reasons to charter a private from Alaska to Arizona. Arizona basks in 300 days of sunshine per year and is brimming with grand landmarks, such as the iconic Grand Canyon (whose dropzone is the second highest after Mt Everest), the Petrified Forest and the sandstone towers of Monument valley. Foodies have come to the right place – between August and November, the state hosts endless tasty festivals to honor a range of foods, including the prickly pear, sweetcorn, salsa, apple, pumpkin and donut.
The Old West is alive and well in Arizona, making it a dream destination for urban cowboys of every age. Once home to some of the country’s most feared outlaws and lawmen, you can still feel the spirit of Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp when you visit towns like Tombstone, Bisbee and Douglas in the south, before heading north to Prescott and Jerome (once described by a New York hack as the “wickedest town in the West”). Make regular stops on your road trip to enjoy some of Arizona’s rustic cuisine. With a strong Mexican influence, the burritos here are among the best in the world, but hotdogs almost a ‘national’ dish – best enjoyed washed down with a Kilt Lifter, the state’s most popular beer.
Read on to find out which are the best airports to fly to/from and how long the journey takes on different types of jet.
Top private jet airports in Alaska
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is a major airport just five miles from Downtown Anchorage. It features a major work by glass artist Warren Carther, consisting of nine glass towers spanning 130 feet and soaring to up to 26 feet.
- Juneau International Airport is pretty much the only way to get out of Alaskan capital Juneau. Rugged terrain makes it a de facto island, only reachable via plane or boat.
- Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport is situated on the Pacific Ocean island of Sitka. Built on a former burial ground, it’s somewhat darkly known as "The Mausoleum".
- Lake Hood Airport is the world’s busiest seaplane base, where you can watch close to 200 sea planes take off daily from aptly-named restaurant and live music venue The Deck.
- Kodiak Municipal Airport is a small airport located minutes away from Kodiak, the small port city that connects Kodiak Island to the rest of the world.
Top private jet airports in Arizona
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is three miles from the city centre of Phoenix (just minutes via the PHX Sky Train) and the largest and busiest airport in Arizona.
- Lake Havasu City Airport is six miles north of Lake Havasu City, making it your shortest route to Arizona’s self-styled playground.
- Flagstaff Pulliam Airport is located conveniently close to the Grand Canyon National Park. The city of Flagstaff is itself worth a visit, so plan to spend a night exploring its lively historic downtown area.
- Scottsdale Airport is a busy single-runway airport nine miles south of Scottsdale, where you can enjoy 330 days of sunshine a year.
- Tucson International Airport, a joint civil-military airport eight miles south of downtown Tucson, has some serious art credentials, with five galleries offering you a cultural send-off.
How long is the flight from Alaska to Arizona?
It’s a long flight, and traveling by private jet is a great way to ensure the time passes in comfort and style. Here are some examples of Alaska-to-Arizona journey times:
- Flying from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in the long and sleek Cessna Citation V takes just under six hours. There’s room for seven passengers and extra baggage.
- It takes five-and-a-half hours to jet from Kodiak Municipal Airport to Lake Havasu City Airport in the six-seater Bombardier Learjet 35 or 36. Sit back and enjoy the smooth handling and high cruise speeds.
- The flight from Juneau International Airport to Flagstaff Pulliam Airport takes just over four-and-a-half hours for six people in a midsize jet like the Embraer Legacy 500.
- The Gulfstream G150 can get you from Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport to Scottsdale Airport in four hours and 41 minutes. This midsize classic jet carries up to eight passengers with plenty of luggage and legroom.
- Flying from Lake Hood Airport to Tucson International Airport takes just over six hours in the seven-seater IAI Westwind.
Top events in Arizona
Beer is big in Arizona, especially at Tucson’s annual Born & Brewed Beer Battle in September. Pull in to the Hotel Congress plaza to vote for your favourite Tucson brew. Also in Tucson in September, don’t miss the annual Salsa, Tequila & Taco Challenge – a fun summer foodie event where you can tuck into tequila-infused popsicles.
Another festival likely to leave you with a bit of a headache is Summer End’s Margarita Mojito Festival in Phoenix towards the end of September. Sloan Park is the venue and there’ll be plenty of food trucks to soak up your crafthouse cocktails.
Pack your Superman suit for another highlight on the Phoenix calendar. Visit in May for Phoenix Comicon, a four-day celebration of comic books, science fiction and fantasy. Plan a return trip in August, when Hell City Tattoo Festival lands in the Arizona capital. The line-up includes tattoo competitions (with prizes for the best and worst) and with over 200 celebrated ink artists in attendance, this is as good a time as any to get inked.
How much does it cost to charter a plane from Alaska to Arizona?
Lots of factors affect the cost of a private jet charter, such as the type of aircraft you charter and which route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. If you’re looking for a quote for your journey, our dedicated team is more than happy to run you through your options. Contact them online or call +1 516 432 5901. Once your plans are in place, a dedicated account manager will be assigned to you who will take care of everything – all you need to do is sit back and enjoy your trip.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7