Charter a private jet from Arizona to Iowa
Visit Iowa to experience the people and places that inspired movies like Field of Dreams and Bridges of Madison County. There’s something for everyone, whether your interests lie in city shopping and theatre or you’d like to explore the historic sites, community orchards and living history farms in ‘the land where tall corn grows’.
Top private jet airports in Arizona
- Ten miles west of downtown Scottsdale, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport allows you to land just minutes from some of Arizona’s best hotels, dining venues, golf courses and other places of interest.
- Glendale Municipal Airport is located seven miles west of the central business district of Glendale in Maricopa County. This airport claims to be the best run and friendliest in the Valley of the Sun, offering travelers the amenities of a big city airport alongside small town service, and your private jet charter means you avoid all those queues that eat into vacation time.
- Colorado City Municipal is a general aviation airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Colorado City in Mohave County.
- Tucson International Airport is a public joint civil-military airport owned by the City of Tucson, eight miles south of downtown Tucson in Pima County. At 7,938 acres it is also one of the largest facilities in the country and has three runways and three helipads.
Top private jet airports in Iowa
- Des Moines International Airport is a civil-military public airport three miles southwest of Des Moines in Polk County. It has 21 connections to major airline hubs.
- The Eastern Iowa Airport is a commercial airport in Cedar Rapids, on Wright Brothers Boulevard at the south edge of town, about two miles west of Interstate 380.
- Davenport Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport located seven miles north of Downtown Davenport, a city in Scott County. The airport dates back to 1948 and is home to the Quad City Air Show, a popular local event since 1987.
- Storm Lake Municipal Airport is a city-owned public use airport located in Storm Lake. Vacation accommodation at the King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort is just four miles from the airport.
- Fort Madison Municipal Airport, two miles north of Fort Madison in Lee County, has two runways; one concrete and one turf. Aircraft, like Sabre Liners, can be accommodated.
How long does it take to fly from Arizona to Iowa?
- Flights to Des Moines International Airport from Phoenix Sky Harbor International take two hours and 50 minutes. The Bombardier Global 5000 delivers one of the tallest cross-sections in the heavy jet category and can accommodate 17 passengers. Some configurations have a private aft stateroom so you can arrive at your Iowa destination rested and productive.
- The eight-passenger Dassault Falcon 20 will get you from Colorado City Municipal Airport in Arkansas to Davenport Municipal, Kansas, in just over three hours.
- The flight from Tucson International in Arkansas to Fort Madison Municipal takes just over three hours on the Cessna 340 four-passenger aircraft.
Things to do in Iowa
Des Moines in August
The Iowa State Fair inspired the novel State Fair and was listed in the New York Times bestseller, 1000 Places to See Before You Die. The August event showcases Iowa’s best in the form of food, free entertainment and a mind-boggling number of weird and wonderful contests.
Meet a zombie
The Zombie Burger + Drink Lab is, you guessed it, a zombie-themed restaurant in Des Moines that’s worth including in your Iowa vacation plans. If you’re into alternative eating experiences then you’ll love the dead eyes watching you from walls as you satisfy your food cravings at a blood-splattered table. Zombie movie memorabilia, artwork and life-sized sculptures add to the macabre atmosphere.
American Gothic in Mount Vernon
A visit to Iowa just isn’t complete without a few vacation pics snapped in front of the barn-sized depiction of Grant Wood's most famous painting. You’ll find the barn, hidden behind trees, just off the road on Route 30 in eastern Iowa. It does a good job of parodying Wood’s famous painting, American Gothic, and the artwork that covers the entire façade makes for some truly unique holiday pics.
Lover's Leap Swinging Bridge
Those without a head for heights might want to give this bridge in Columbus Junction a miss. This narrow bridge sways eight stories above Lovers Leap ravine; the name of which has been the subject of much speculation over the years. The favorite story is that an Indian maiden threw herself to the bottom of the ravine after her lover was killed in battle. Locals will tell you she’s still buried somewhere at the bottom and if you pass over the bridge at night, you can still hear her cries.
The future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk
Riverside is now officially on the map for devoted Trekkies. Make your way to the back of a small house and in a private courtyard you’ll find a stone that indicates, according to the Federation of Planets, that James Tiberius Kirk, captain of the Star Trek Enterprise spaceship, will be born here in 2228. The stone has birthed an annual Trek Fest in the Iowa countryside, where people dressed in futuristic space gear pass the resident Amish.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Arkansas to Illinois?
The duration of your flight from Arkansas to Illinois will depend on the aircraft you charter and the route you take. If you’d like more information, read our blog about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise private jet charter quotes for your itinerary, our team of dedicated account managers are always ready to help. Speak to our team online or dial in on +1 516 432 5901. We’ll take care of the rest, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7