Charter a private jet from California to Indiana
If you have plans to head for the Indianapolis 500 over Memorial Day weekend in May, you might want to consider chartering a private jet. Our blog takes you through everything you need to know to make your California to Indiana trip one for the books.
Top private jet airports in California
- Van Nuys Airport in the San Fernando Valley is one of the busiest general aviation airports in the world. Interestingly, the airport was used to film the exterior airport scenes at the end of the movie Casablanca.
- Bakersfield Municipal Airport in Kern County, California, is located just three miles northwest of Downtown Bakersfield. It’s the main airport for the Bakersfield area and one of two international airports in the San Joaquin Valley.
- Long Beach Airport, formerly known as Daugherty Field, is a city-owned public airport three miles northeast of Downtown Long Beach in Los Angeles County.
- Sacramento International Airport is 10 miles northwest of Downtown Sacramento. It’s run by the Sacramento County Airport System.
Top private jet airports in Indiana
- Marion Municipal Airport is located three miles southwest of the central business district of Marion, a city in Grant County. If you’re into hogs – big motorcycles, that is – stop off in Downtown Marion for Hog Daze when bike enthusiasts from all over the country get the opportunity to experience all things hog.
- Fort Wayne International Airport is located in the city of Fort Wayne in northeastern Indiana. Flying into Fort Wayne International by private jet charter sets you down on the doorstep of the best the city has to offer – the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art and the 1860 Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, with its showcase of 19th-century stained glass.
- De Kalb County Airport is situated three miles south of Auburn, in DeKalb County. Visitors from all over the world travel to Auburn-DeKalb County in northeast Indiana to view the county’s classic car collection.
- If you choose the style and convenience of private jet charter for your flight to the Indy 500, you’ll be able to land at either Indianapolis International Airport or Indianapolis Executive Airport, both within 25 miles of the track.
How long does it take to fly from California to Indiana?
- Travelling from Van Nuys Airport to Fort Wayne International takes four-and-a-half hours on a Bell 206B Jet Ranger, a single engine helicopter that can seat up to four passengers.
- Bakersfield Municipal Airport in California to Marion Municipal Airport, Indiana, takes four hours and 24 minutes on the seven-seater Augusta Westland 109 Power Grand, which offers enhanced avionics and slightly increased leg room in the passenger cabin.
- Sacramento International Airport to Indianapolis Executive Airport is four-and-a-half hours on the Airbus A319 CJ. This jet seats up to 19 passengers and comes with an entertainment center and flight attendant.
Top events in Indiana
Dubbed ‘the greatest spectacle in racing’, the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race is an American institution. The automobile race takes place every year in late May at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway – 33 drivers contending over 200 laps, 500 miles and loads of entertainment.
Hidden beneath the bustling streets of City Market is a network of subterranean passageways and interconnected tunnels of limestone and brick archways. They were built more than 100 years ago to transport meat and produce for sale in the market. These days you get to emerge from the cool catacombs into the colorful market above, to experience the cafes and delis that still offer deliciously fresh local cuisine.
The ghosts of City West
City West, Indiana’s ‘dream city’, almost rivaled Chicago in the 19th Century. It sprung up in what became Indiana Dunes State Park. Failing to live up to its hoped-for promise, the city was eventually swallowed by the Indiana sand dunes. Make sure to include this stop in your itinerary if you have a penchant for ghost towns, American history or just like the spookier side of exploring.
This candy shop is one of the oldest in the Louisville region. Named one of the state’s hidden treasures, the store is still run by the Schimpff family, who have been in the candy-making business since the 1850s. Locals insist the store is one of the top places to visit in Indiana, especially now the building has been expanded and houses a museum with historical candy memorabilia and homemade candy demonstrations. Look out for their specialties: a caramel-covered marshmallow treat called a Modjeska, hard candy fish and cinnamon red hots.
Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
This collection of 130 handcrafted art deco cars built in the 1920s delights visitors from around the world with its iconic Great Gatsby style and glamour. The collection is housed in an art deco building and kept in pristine condition.
A living art exhibition in Albany
The Shoe Tree in Albany began as a prank by local teenagers but has become a source of pride for the entire community. Typically, hundreds of shoes hang from the Shoe Tree but the exact number changes depending on the weather and the number of people who choose to participate.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Arkansas to Illinois?
The short flight from Arkansas to Illinois will vary in cost depending on the aircraft you charter, and the airports you’re traveling between. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. For more information, dial in on +1 516 432 5901 or speak to our team who will take you through your options. When you’ve got all the information you need, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything, leaving you to plan your itinerary and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7