Charter a private jet from California to Nevada
Nevada's most famous attraction is the glittering playground of Las Vegas. If you're looking to charter a private jet from California to Nevada, we've got all the information you need.
Private jet airports in the state of California
Located in the Pacific region of the US, California is home to 39.5 million residents, many of whom are A-listers. With the largest economy of any state, California is considered a global trendsetter in fashion, business, film, music and entertainment. The Sunshine State is comprised of a collection of world-famous cities and districts, from Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego to Laguna Beach, Orange County and Hollywood. If you're starting your journey to Nevada from California, we've compiled a selection of the state's best private jet charter airports for your consideration:
- Los Angeles International Airport, more commonly known as LAX, is the primary international airport serving the city of Los Angeles. Departing guests can enjoy a range of amenities like private jet terminals and luxurious lounges.
- San Francisco International Airport is the seventh-busiest airport in North America. Located just 13 miles south of downtown San Fran, this airport is perfect for national and international private jet charters. For a quieter alternative, consider Metropolitan Oakland International Airport.
- San Diego International Airport, formerly known as Lindbergh Field, sits three miles northwest of downtown San Diego, making it a great choice for both leisure and business private jet charters.
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport in Fresno County is a joint civil-military and public owned airport just over an hour's drive from Yosemite National Park.
- Sacramento International Airport is located 10 miles northwest of Sacramento's central business district (CBD). For a less busy alternative, consider Sacramento Executive Airport. Not only is it quieter, it's actually positioned seven miles from the CBD, making it closer than Sacramento International Airport.
Private jet airports in the state of Nevada
Made up largely of desert, Nevada is the driest state in the US, which is ironic given that it got its name from the Sierra Nevada mountains (Spanish for "snow covered mountain range"). Undoubtedly, Nevada's biggest attraction is Las Vegas. Boasting over 150,000 hotel rooms and suites, Sin City has more hotel rooms than any other metropolis on earth. In fact, the hotels in Vegas are so huge that 15 of the world's 25 largest hotels can be found there. The city also holds the title of the world's wedding capital, hosting over 100,000 weddings in hotels and drive-thrus each year. Whether you're traveling to Nevada for business, leisure or to get hitched, here's a list of the state's top private jet airports.
- McCarran International Airport serves casino capital of the world, Las Vegas. Located five miles outside the city's downtown district, it's the 27th busiest airport in the world.
- North Las Vegas Airport, located approximately three miles from downtown Las Vegas, is a quieter alternative to McCarran International Airport. Also known as Northtown, it's perfectly situated for all leisure and business private jet charters.
- Reno–Tahoe International Airport, situated three-miles southeast of downtown Reno in Washoe County, is the state of Nevada's second-busiest airport.
- Henderson Executive Airport, located 13 miles south of the Las Vegas CBD, boasts two runways. Due to lower slot constraints than Las Vegas McCarren Airport, it's the ideal landing spot when escaping to Las Vegas by private jet.
- Elko Regional Airport, situated just over one mile west of downtown Elko, and Boulder City Municipal Airport, located just over one mile southwest of Boulder City CBD, are two other airports in Nevada that can accommodate private jet charters.
How long is a flight from California to Nevada?
It can take anywhere between 30 minutes and one-and-a-half hours to fly from California to Nevada, depending on which airports you fly between and the private aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of California-to-Nevada average journey times:
- Flying from LAX to North Las Vegas Airport in a super light jet such as the Embraer Phenom 100 takes 45 minutes for you and three other passengers.
- A flight from San Francisco International Airport to Reno–Tahoe International Airport in a Cessna Citation CJ3 takes 40 minutes for you and five other passengers.
- Flying from Sacramento International Airport to Henderson Executive Airport in a Beechcraft King Air 350 takes just over one hour for you and eight other passengers.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from California to Nevada?
Private jet charters are a cost-effective alternative to private jet ownership. The two biggest influences on the price of private jet charters are the route and the size of aircraft. The price for a turboprop or light private jet charter from California to Nevada costs, on average, around $3,500. It costs around $4,000 to charter a medium-size private jet from California to Nevada and $7,000 to $8,000 for a super-midsize or heavy private jet charter. Find out more about private jet charter costs here.
Top 2018 events in Nevada
From dramatic canyons to glitzy casinos, Nevada is a nature and entertainment capital of the world. A trip here isn't complete without conquering Highway 50, known as the loneliest road in the US, to discover awe-inspiring mountain ranges and Great Basin National Park. For a bird's-eye view of the city that never sleeps, ride a zipline through the heart of Las Vegas, ending your evening with front row seats at a residency show from the likes of Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez and Criss Angel. Nevada is teeming with events all year, meaning there's always something to do. You could even plan your trip so you're there for the Comedy World Network International Film Festival in July and Exodus Festival Las Vegas on Labour Day weekend in August.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7