Charter a private jet from Georgia to California
A private jet charter from Georgia to California allows you to land at one of more than 200 private jet airports across the state, closest to your chosen vacation destination.
Top private jet airports in Georgia
- Valdosta Regional Airport is a public-use airport located three miles south of the central business district (CBD) of Valdosta, a city in Lowndes County. It’s owned by the Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport sits seven miles northwest of Savannah CBD in Chatham County, just off Interstate 95 between Savannah and the city of Pooler. It’s the chief commercial airport for Greater Savannah and the Coastal Empire region of Southeast Georgia, as well as the Lowcountry region of South Carolina.
- Cobb County International Airport, also known as McCollum Field, is a public airport located 21 miles northwest of Atlanta CBD, immediately south of Kennesaw in Cobb County.
- Columbus Airport, formerly known as the Columbus Metropolitan Airport, is three miles northeast of Columbus CBD in Muscogee County.
Top private jet airports in California
- John Wayne Airport is an international airport in Orange County. In 1979, the airport was named after the famous actor, who died in neighboring Newport Beach that year. It’s located 14 miles from Orange County’s main attraction, the Disneyland Resort, and served by 10 passenger airlines with private jet service also available.
- Los Angeles International Airport is the primary international airport serving Los Angeles and is commonly referred to by its IATA airport code, LAX.
- San Francisco International Airport is an international airport 13 miles south of San Francisco, near Milpitas and San Carlos in unincorporated San Mateo County.
- Bakersfield Municipal Airport is located three miles south of Bakersfield CBD in Kern County, north of Los Angeles. It’s close to the 16-acre Kern County Museum and California Area Living Museum.
How long does it take to fly from Georgia to California?
- Flights to California take four hours and 50 minutes from Valdosta Regional Airport to John Wayne Airport on the popular six-seater Cessna Citation Excel.
- A flight from Cobb County International Airport to LAX takes four hours and 37 minutes on a Hawker Beechcraft Premier I IA. The jet can accommodate six passengers and the Premier I has a roomy cabin for a light jet aircraft, with folding tables, four club seats, two forward seats and a partitioned aft toilet.
- The twin-engined Piper Aztec is a popular commuter aircraft, which can carry five passengers from Columbus Airport to San Francisco International Airport in just over five hours.
Top events in California
Yosemite National Park
Visit the Indian Village of the Ahwahnee to get a window into the lives of the Miwok and Paiute people in Yosemite National Park. Start out just behind the Visitor Center near the Yosemite Museum and follow a trail that leads to the Indian Village. It’s like taking a step back into the past. The reconstructed Miwok Village of Ahwahnee was created in the same area it would have stood in the 1870s, as a representation of a Native American village of around 300 inhabitants. The replica village includes bark teepees, acorn silos and a sweat lodge. If you don’t know much about the Miwok, you’ll be helped along by markers that educate visitors about the history of the structures and native plants in the area. In season, staff present demonstrations of basket weaving, beadwork and other cultural activities.
The Big Sur encourages visitors to not only enjoy their travel through the area, but to find a new way of looking at things. Visit the Henry Miller Memorial Library; the former home of the fiction and travel writer, which has become an art hub and book store where you’ll find books, trinkets, photographs of the coast, t-shirts, mugs and works of art by local artists.
The naturally heated mountainous creek at Hot Creek Geological Site has created a natural artwork of neon blue pools, but be warned – they’re filled with boiling water. Sparkling trout stream Mammoth Creek begins as a cold stream teeming with life, then travels over volcanic vents near the Long Valley Caldera to become a dangerous but beautiful landscape of neon blue pools, steaming shorelines and bubbling cauldrons of hydrodynamic power. The Hot Creek Geological Site is used as an important fault activity indicator by the U.S. Geological Survey. You can snap some beautiful photos from the top of the parking lot and walk down to the water for a closer look.
A visit to Fresno is off the beaten track, but well worth including in your itinerary. Lovingly created by self-taught artist and builder Baldassare Forestiere, the Forestiere Underground Gardens are an enchanting subterranean complex of patios, grottoes and garden courts reached by corridors encircling the living quarters. Forestiere created the underground gardens as a way to escape Fresno’s blistering summer heat, basing his plan on the ancient catacombs he’d seen as a boy but lightening his own stonework arches and passageways with naturally lit courtyards, a glass-bottomed aquarium and a variety of fruit-bearing plants. Amazingly, he never drew up a single plan for the project; instead, he began with a vision and set to work with a farmer’s simple tools — a pick, shovel, dragged scraper and wheelbarrow.
Ancient burial ground in Murphys
The Mercer Caverns were rediscovered by gold prospector Walter J. Mercer in 1885, unaware he was entering an ancient burial ground that was once used by a prehistoric Indian Tribe called the Yokuts. Mercer found the remains of four adults and one child, but the original purpose of the cave was forgotten as he converted the site into a show cave and renamed it The Mercer Caverns. Chillingly, Mercer fell 30 feet while working in the cave, injuring his spine, and spent the next 12 years in pain. Today, you can access the three million-year-old attraction via a series of steps.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Georgia to California?
This will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or give us a call on +1 516 432 5901. Once you’ve been through your options, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7