Charter a private jet from Iowa to Arkansas
There’s more to Arkansas than just the Great Outdoors: the state hosts a number of popular food and music festivals and there’s a whole lot else to see besides. Charter a private jet here from Iowa and you could be hiking in the morning and back in time for a music festival that evening.
Top private jet airports in Iowa
- Des Moines International Airport is a civil-military public airport three miles southwest of Des Moines in Polk County. It has 21 connections to major airline hubs.
- Davenport Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport located seven miles north of downtown Davenport in Scott County. The airport dates back to 1948 and has been home to the popular Quad City Air Show since 1987.
- Storm Lake Municipal Airport is a city-owned public-use airport located in Storm Lake.
- Waterloo Regional Airport, also known as Livingston Betsworth Field, sits four miles northwest of the central business district of Waterloo in Black Hawk County.
Top private jet airports in Arkansas
- Arkansas International Airport is three miles northwest of the central business district of Blytheville in Mississippi County. Its temperate seasonal climate makes for convenient year-round travel.
- Smith Field is located three miles northeast of the central business district of Siloam Springs in Benton County.
- Baxter County Airport is a county-owned public-use airport located four nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Mountain Home, a city in Baxter County. It was known as Baxter County Airport until 2005.
- Jonesboro Municipal Airport is three nautical miles east of the central business district of the City of Jonesboro in Craighead County.
How long does it take to fly from Iowa to Arkansas?
- Flights to Arkansas take one hour and 17 minutes from Des Moines International Airport to Arkansas International on a Cessna Citation Excel. This popular aircraft offers a stand-up cabin, one of the largest baggage compartments in its class and room for up to eight passengers.
- You can fly from Storm Lake Municipal Airport to Baxter County Airport in just one hour and 21 minutes on the Bombardier Challenger 850, which accommodates 16 passengers in supreme comfort.
- The three-seater Diamond DA42 gets you from Waterloo Regional Airport to Jonesboro Municipal Airport in an hour and 18 minutes.
Top places to visit in Arkansas
Little Rock’s famous tavern
The White Water Tavern in Little Rock is a local institution, having survived decades of rowdy crowds and three fires. Even Bill Clinton hung out here during his Arkansas Attorney General days. Don’t expect anything swanky – it’s local history that makes this drinking hole legendary. The bar’s made from an old shuffleboard table, repurposed after the building’s third fire in 40 years; and the décor is a collection of memorabilia including the canoe that inspired its name. The bar has been at the center of the Arkansas music scene for decades and focuses on the ever-widening scope of Americana.
An old man who liked to run in the nude
Old Naked Joe Mountain in the breathtaking Ozarks is named after an old man who liked to run in the nude. One story goes that the man, named Old Joe, lived on the top of the tall mountain a small town was situated on. A second story tells of a powerful tornado that ravaged the town, tearing all the trees and bush off Old Joe Mountain, leading it to be renamed Old Naked Joe Mountain. Although the original town still exists, few people live there, but the area is still popular with hikers and nature enthusiasts throughout the year who make their way up Old Naked Joe Mountain’s many hiking trails to the summit.
Peppersauce Ghost Town
Located within the Calico Rock city limits, this abandoned early-20th-century boomtown began as a trading post for French traders and trappers traveling the White River. The name “Peppersauce” is a reference to the local moonshine. When trains started making regular stops in 1903, the town settled down as a rail and river trade hub and thrived. But by the 1960s, the train no longer stopped in Calico Rock and it was eventually abandoned.
The making of Johnny Cash
If it weren’t for a small sign nearby, most visitors would drive right on by Johnny Cash’s boyhood home, a modest house that looks out over soybean fields in a town of about 400. Ray and Carrie Cash moved to the community of Dyess with their five children in March 1935 and Johnny remained here until 1950, when he joined the U.S. Air Force right out of high school. Cash’s music was heavily influenced by his childhood, with the star saying: “In Arkansas, a way of life produced a certain kind of music.” One of only a few houses that remain in Dyess, the home is a popular pilgrimage spot for fans of the great music man. In 2011, the Arkansas State University took on its restoration and preservation.
Walk the length of the Mississippi
From Mud Island River Park in Memphis, you can walk the whole Mississippi River in one short afternoon. The River Walk is a five-block-long replica of the lower Mississippi River, with each 30” stride equivalent to one mile of the actual river. On your travels you’ll revisit historical events and learn about geographical transformations. The “1,000-mile” journey concludes at the Gulf of Mexico – a one-acre enclosure that holds 1.3 million gallons of water, where you can enjoy a pedal boat ride around the Gulf area with the Memphis skyline in the background.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Iowa to Arkansas?
The cost of flying from Iowa to Arkansas varies according to the aircraft you choose and the airports you’re traveling between. You can read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your bespoke journey, speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901 for more information about your options. Once you’ve had your questions answered, a dedicated account manager will take care of everything.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7