Charter a private jet from Maine to California
Commercial flights from Maine to California are numerous, but have you considered a private jet charter for added luxury and a shorter travel time? Read on for our recommendations for your trip from Maine to California.
Top private jet airports in Maine
- Portland International Jetport is a public airport two miles west of Downtown Portland. It runs an average of 574 flights per day and bases around 78 aircraft, accounting for 90% of passenger travel, and is a vast facility with all the modern conveniences passengers might expect.
- Auburn Lewiston Municipal Airport is located in Androscoggin County, five miles southwest of the cities of Auburn and Lewiston.
- Knox County Regional Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport in Knox County, located three miles south of the central business district (CBD) of Rockland.
- Brunswick Executive Airport is a public- use general aviation airport located two miles southeast of Brunswick CBD in Cumberland County. It sits on the site of the former Naval Air Station Brunswick.
Top private jet airports in California
- Los Angeles International Airport is the primary international airport serving Los Angeles. The airport is most often referred to by its IATA airport code LAX.
- Bakersfield Municipal Airport sits three miles south of the CBD of Bakersfield, north of Los Angeles. It’s close to the 16-acre Kern County Museum and California Area Living Museum.
- Hollywood Burbank Airport, also known as Bob Hope Airport, is three miles northwest of downtown Burbank. It serves the northern Greater Los Angeles area and is closer to Griffith Park and Hollywood than LAX. It’s also the only airport in the area with a direct rail connection to Downtown Los Angeles.
- Catalina Airport is a privately-owned airport six miles northwest of Avalon CBD in the middle of Catalina Island. The airport is open to the public and allows general aviation aircraft to land there.
- Palm Springs International Airport, formerly Palm Springs Municipal Airport, is a public airport two miles east of downtown Palm Springs. The airport covers 940 acres and has two runways.
How long does it take to fly from Maine to California?
- Flights from Maine to California take just over six hours from Portland International to Los Angeles International on a Dornier D328 Jet Envoy. The 14-seater was originally a commuter airliner and was later converted into a business jet under the trade name Envoy. It has extended-range tanks and various VIP cabin layouts, often in a double-club arrangement with sofas and dining areas.
- It also takes just over six hours to fly from Knox County Regional Airport to Bob Hope Airport on the Gulfstream G150, which has a range of 5,556km and flies further at higher Mach speed than any other midsize business aircraft. Its oval-shaped cabin provides ample head and shoulder room for up to eight passengers. In the cockpit, advanced flight-deck technology assures a smooth ride.
- A flight from Auburn Lewiston Municipal Airport to Catalina Airport takes just over six hours on a Hawker Beechcraft Premier I IA. The jet can accommodate six passengers and the Premier I has a roomy cabin for a light jet aircraft, with folding tables, four club seats, two forward seats and a partitioned aft toilet.
- The Piper Aztec, a popular twin-engine commuter aircraft, can carry five passengers from Brunswick Executive Airport to Palm Springs International Airport in five hours and 54 minutes.
Top events in California
Underground Los Angeles
Explore the underground tunnels of Los Angeles, accessed via an elevator behind the Hall of Records in Temple Street. The 11 miles of service tunnels were used to move booze around the city during the Prohibition, with the subterranean network meaning patrons could party it up beneath the city streets without worrying about local law enforcement. King Eddy Saloon on 5th and Main, which was one of the main suppliers and fronted as a piano store, is still in business today and its basement remains part of the underground tunnels.
Memorial to a slave
The Biddy Mason Memorial Park in Los Angeles honors the life of a former slave whose compassion had an effect on 19th Century LA. The memorial tells the story of Bridget “Biddy” Mason, who spent nearly half her life as a slave and worked to buy her own plot of land once free. She became an important part of the fledgling community on the outskirts of Los Angeles; holding meetings for LA’s First African Methodist Episcopal Church, working as a nurse and midwife and running a daycare from her house – all while still serving the poor. A savvy businesswoman as well a humanitarian, Biddy managed to amass a fortune of $300,000, most of which she gave away to charities.
San Francisco ocean songs
If possible, include a visit to The Wave Organ in your California vacation. You’ll find it on a jetty in the San Francisco Bay. Created by The Exploratorium museum and artist Peter Richards, the acoustic sculpture amplifies the sounds of the waves from the bay. To support the organ, the jetty was made of carved granite and marble from a demolished cemetery. PVC and concrete ‘organ’ pipes extend into the water at different elevations, producing subtle tones as the waves roll in and crash against them. The pitch and tone of the ocean music change as the tide ebbs and flows in and out of the pipes. There’s terraced seating with a view of San Francisco’s Marina District, Downtown San Francisco’s skyline, Marine Headlands and Golden Gate Bridge.
A nod to chewing gum
Built in 1933 above the botanical gardens on Santa Catalina Island in Avalon, the Wrigley Memorial celebrates the life of the world’s most famous chewing gum tycoon, William Wrigley Jr. The businessman contributed more than just gum to the world, giving the people of Santa Catalina steamships, a hotel and casino and a number of public infrastructures. The beautiful memorial is set among well-tended desert plants and Santa Catalina endemics, which you can’t see anywhere else in the world.
Turning up the heat in Bodfish
One of the last free public hot springs, Remington Hot Springs, is created by geothermally heated springs along the 165-mile Kern River. Its headwaters are in the High Sierra and its terminus winds through canyon into California’s Central Valley. Through the ages, the springs have attracted Native Americans and settlers and survived the gold rush. Today, they’re surrounded by wildflowers in spring and decorated with hippie art.
Every visit to California should include a stop at Cabot's Pueblo Museum in Desert Hot Springs. The four-storey, 35-room Hopi-style building is the brainchild of builder, activist and explorer Cabot Yerxa, who took 20 years to make the structure by hand from scrap materials he came across in the surrounding desert and wood from abandoned cabins. It was during this build that he discovered the now famous hot springs. The museum also exhibits artifacts and artwork, and visitors can stop by Cabot’s Trading Post & Gallery to buy pieces by local artists.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Maine to California?
The cost of a trip from Maine to California varies greatly depending on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. Read more in this blog post about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get a tailored quote, call us on +1 516 432 5901 or speak to our team online. Once you’ve had your questions answered, we’ll assign an account manager to take care of all your needs, leaving you to simply sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7