Private jet charter from California to Florida
Florida is famed for its sun-drenched beaches and adventure-packed theme parks. Each year, thousands of vacationers arrive from California and the west coast to soak up the Sunshine State’s culture, food and weather. If you’re looking to escape to Florida and starting your journey in the Golden State, read on for our useful private jet charter guide.
Private jet airports in the state of California
California is the movie and television capital of the world with a trillion-dollar economy. The Golden State is famed for shopping districts including Rodeo Drive, Melrose and the Grove, plus swanky neighborhoods like Beverly Hills, Calabasa and Hollywood which are home to a plethora of movie and music stars. But California isn’t just about glitz and glamour: the state’s nine national parks boast breathtaking natural landscapes, from mountain peaks and active volcanos to golden beaches. Private charter passengers can choose from a range of airports, including:
- There are a number of Los Angeles Airports, including Los Angeles International Airport, more commonly known as LAX; Van Nuys Airport in San Fernando Valley; and Bob Hope Airport, which is three miles northwest of downtown Burbank.
- If you’re traveling from San Francisco, San Francisco International Airport is North America’s seventh-busiest airport. Or for a quieter alternative, there’s Metropolitan Oakland international Airport.
- Situated three miles northwest of downtown San Diego, San Diego international Airport boasts a range of amenities like private jet terminals and luxurious lounges.
- An hour’s drive from one of California’s nine National Parks, Yosemite, Fresno Yosemite International Airport in Fresno County serves this region of California.
- Sacramento International Airport, located 10 miles northwest of Sacramento’s central business district (CBD), is an easy departure point for all private jet charters. For a business-focused trip, consider Sacramento Executive Airport, located seven miles from the CBD.
Private jet airports in the state of Florida
Bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, Alabama, Georgia, the Atlantic Ocean and the Straits of Florida, Florida is the third most populous US state. Known for white sandy beaches and blue waters, Miami, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale proudly boast their Spanish heritage through architecture and culture. With a range of events taking over the state throughout the year, there's never been a better time to plan a trip here. Consider these airports for a private jet charter to Florida:
- Miami International Airport, located eight miles northwest of downtown Miami, is a popular private jet airport for business travelers.
- Orlando Executive Airport, located three miles east of downtown Orlando, is the most convenient choice for travelers flying to Orlando by private jet charter.
- Tampa International Airport, situated six miles west of downtown Tampa, is the perfect gateway to Florida’s beautiful gulf beaches.
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, situated five miles from downtown Fort Lauderdale in Broward County, boasts luxurious lounges and exclusive amenities, making it popular with business travelers.
- Key West International Airport, located two miles east of Key West in Monroe County, is ideal for travelers looking to depart from or land directly in the Florida Keys.
How long and how much is a flight from California to Florida?
It can take anywhere between five and six hours to fly from California to Florida and cost between $30,000 to $40,000 depending on the airports you fly between and which aircraft you charter. To help you plan your trip, here are a few examples of California-to-Nevada average journey times and prices:
- Flying from San Francisco International Airport to Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport in a Bombardier Learjet 31 takes just under six hours and costs around $32,000. This works out to around $5,300 per hour spent flying.
- A flight from LAX to Miami International Airport in a mid-size jet such as the Cessna Citation Bravo, takes five-and-a-half hours and costs around $30,000 for you and seven other passengers.
- A flight from San Diego International Airport to Orlando Executive Airport in a long range heavy jet like the Gulfstream G450 costs around $44,000 for you and 14 others. As the size of the aircraft increases, so does the price, but using a larger private jet means you can benefit from a more spacious cabin and more passengers to ease the costs. Additionally, journey times tend to decrease when flying in larger private jets.
Top events in Florida in 2018
Home to the world-renowned Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida is a cultural hub teeming with family-friendly activities. To get your fashion fix, jet to Miami Fashion Week in late May/early June to see next season’s collections. During the summer months, enjoy live entertainment and a firework display at Leesburg’s fun-filled 4th of July Celebration or tuck into a unique foodie experience at the Mount Dora Seafood Festival in August. In November, art enthusiasts should check out the avant-garde street art at Artrepublic in Jacksonville.