Private jet charter from California to Michigan
Each year, thousands of vacationers looking to escape the California sun descend on Michigan to soak up everything the Great Lake State has to offer. If you’re looking to travel to Michigan from California, read on for our useful private jet charter guide.
Private jet airports in the state of California
Originally dubbed the Grizzly Bear State, California is known for its national parks and forests, landmarks like Golden Gate Bridge and being the movie capital of the world. California’s varied terrain includes 278 beaches and two major mountain ranges. Not only does the Golden State have the largest economy of any U.S state, it’s also the only state to have hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics. A range of events and festivals continue throughout the year: with so much to do here, it’s no wonder numerous A-listers have made the West Coast their home. If you’re departing from or arriving in California, here’s a selection of the state’s top airports:
- A number of Los Angeles Airports serve the city, including Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport and Bob Hope Airport. All three are great departure points for private jet charters.
- San Francisco International Airport, North America’s seventh-busiest airport, and Metropolitan Oakland international Airport, a quieter alternative, are great airports for business and leisure private jet charters.
- Boasting a range of amenities like private jet terminals and luxurious lounges, San Diego International Airport is three miles northwest of downtown San Diego.
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport in Fresno County is an hour’s drive from Yosemite National Park.
- Sacramento International Airport, located 10 miles northwest of Sacramento’s central business district (CBD), and Sacramento Executive Airport, located seven miles from the CBD, are both easy departure points for all private jet charters.
Private jet airports in the state of Michigan
Michigan’s state name stems from the Ojibwe word mishigamaa, meaning "large water" or "large lake", and for good reason: Michigan covers two peninsulas and is home to almost 65,000 inland lakes and ponds. With a total population of around 10 million people, famous Michiganians include singer Stevie Wonder, author Nelson Algren, actress Ellen Burstyn and inventor William R. Hewlett. A host of events take place throughout the year, meaning there’s something going on whenever you decide to visit. Consider these top airports for a private jet charter to Michigan:
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is a major international airport and Michigan’s busiest airport serving the city of Detroit.
- Bishop International Airport in Flint is one of Michigan’s most luxurious airports, with swanky lounges and exclusive terminals.
- MBS International Airport in Freeland, Saginaw County, serves the nearby cities of Midland, Bay City and Saginaw.
- Gerald R Ford International Airport, located 13 miles southeast of Grand Rapids, conducts an average of 208 flights per day, making it the second busiest airport in Michigan.
- Cherry Capital Airport in Grand Traverse County is perfectly suited to accommodate business and leisure private jet charters.
What is the duration and price of a private jet charter from California to Michigan?
Depending on your departure and arrival airports and which aircraft you charter, it can take anywhere between four and five hours to fly from California to Michigan with costs ranging from $30,000 to $40,000. To help you plan your trip, here are a few examples of average journey times and prices:
- A flight from LAX to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in a Hawker 800/850XP takes just over four hours and costs around $30,000 for you and seven other passengers.
- Flying from San Francisco International Airport to Bishop International Airport in a mid-size jet such as the Dassault Falcon 20 takes around four-and-a-half hours and costs about $37,000 for you and eight other passengers.
- A flight from Fresno Yosemite International Airport to Cherry Capital Airport in a long-range heavy jet like the Challenger 600/601 takes just over four hours and costs around $40,000 for you and 10 other passengers. As the size of the aircraft increases, so do the number of passengers, cabin size and price. However, when traveling in a larger aircraft, the journey time is typically much quicker.
Top events in Michigan in 2018
Home to Lake Michigan and Great Lakes Bay, Michigan’s events calendar is bursting with lakeside music, cultural and foodie festivals all year round. Riverscene Indie Music Festival in June and Bay City Fireworks Festival and Tall Ship Celebration in July are just three of the waterfront extravaganzas lined up at Downtown Bay City's Wenonah Park this summer. Additionally, there’s Blues by the Bay Festival in Tawas in August; Eastown StreetFair in Grand Rapids in September; and Wanderlust 108, the “World’s Only Mindful Triathlon”, in Detroit in October.
For more information or to get a precise quote for your flight to Michigan, contact us. One of our specialists will recommend the best aircraft for your journey and take care of every detail, allowing you to enjoy a tailor-made private jet charter.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7