Private jet charter from Florida to Louisiana
Planning a trip from Florida to Louisiana? Whether you’re traveling for business or to attend one of the Pelican State’s top cultural events like the Mardi Gras, get there in style with a private jet charter. Experience the ultimate in comfort and convenience, skip airport queues and enjoy space to work and relax on board. Here’s our guide to hiring a private jet from Florida to Louisiana.
Top private jet airports in Florida and Louisiana
Florida has dozens of airports that accommodate private jet traffic. Here are the Sunshine State’s top five:
- Miami Executive Airport is located 13 miles southwest of downtown Miami and is the city’s most-frequented private airport, as well as one of Florida’s busiest.
- St Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport lies just 17 miles west of downtown Tampa, a popular holiday destination with prestigious museums and a business center.
- Palm Beach International Airport is ideally situated just three miles from idyllic West Palm Beach, perfect for vacationers who flock to the area for its golden beaches.
- Orlando Executive Airport sits in the theme park capital of the world, just three miles east of downtown for those who want to avoid the crowds of Orlando’s busy international airport.
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport is in Jacksonville, Florida’s biggest city and a thriving business hub. The airport lies eight miles from the Central Business District (CBD).
Here are five popular private jet airports in Louisiana:
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is located 11 miles from downtown in Louisiana’s biggest city, which is famous for its Mardi Gras celebrations.
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport is a favorite with business passengers since it lies just four miles north of the CBD in Louisiana’s capital, Baton Rouge.
- Lafayette Regional Airport is a convenient private jet airport located 2.5 miles southeast of downtown Lafayette.
- Shreveport Regional Airport lies just four miles south of the CBD in Shreveport, known for its outdoor attractions.
- Chennault International Airport is situated just four miles from the CBD in Lake Charles.
How long is the flight between Florida and Louisiana?
It takes between one and 2.5 hours to fly from Florida to Louisiana, but exact flight times vary depending on your choice of airports and the type of aircraft you use. Here are some example flight times for traveling in three different jets:
- A flight from Miami Executive Airport to Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in a light jet like a Hawker Beechcraft 400, which seats seven passengers, takes one hour and 50 minutes.
- Flying from Palm Beach International Airport to Shreveport Regional Airport takes two hours and 30 minutes in a heavy jet such as a Dassault Falcon 900EX for 16 passengers.
- A flight from Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport to Lafayette Regional Airport in a mid-size jet such as an Embraer Legacy 500 for nine passengers takes one hour and 45 minutes.
How to fly from Florida to Louisiana by private jet
You can choose from a range of over 100 private jets available to charter with Air Charter Service, capable of carrying up to 19 passengers. Each aircraft has various features including lounges, bedrooms, offices and bathrooms, as well as amenities such as entertainment systems. Here are a few of the most popular aircraft to hire for charters from Florida to Louisiana:
- Cessna Citation Bravo – This luxurious light jet seats up to seven passengers and has a 2,301-mile range. It’s one of the most economical light jets on the market and offers plenty of luggage storage.
- Hawker Beechcraft 900XP – If you’re looking for a more spacious jet, this mid-size aircraft is ideal for up to nine passengers, with a range of 3,242 miles. The Hawker has an entertainment center and chic décor.
- Gulfstream V – A heavy jet option that can accommodate up to 16 passengers, the Gulfstream has an impressive range of 7,396 miles and boasts three separate living areas including an office, entertainment center and flight attendant.
Cost of hiring a private jet from Florida to Louisiana
So, what’s the cost of hiring a private jet? Prices for traveling from Florida to Louisiana by private charter vary depending on your route and jet type. For example, flying from Miami Executive Airport to Shreveport Regional Airport costs from $18,000 to $28,900 in a light jet or between $17,200 and $50,000 in a mid-size jet. If you need to hire a heavy jet, prices range from $31,800 to $79,500.
To get a precise quote for your private jet charter from Florida to Louisiana, use our flight estimator tool and remember to check for discounted empty leg flights. These flights are often reduced by up to 75 percent in order to avoid returning a jet booked for a one-way trip back to its destination of origin empty. Keep an eye on our regularly updated list of empty leg private jet charters here.
Top 2018 events in Louisiana
There are hundreds of exciting events in Louisiana every year, includng festivals, state fairs, art shows and sporting events. Here are some of the best picks:
- Festival International de Louisiane – The largest international music and arts festival in the US takes place from April 25-29 in Lafayette.
- French Food Festival – Larose, located 62 miles from New Orleans, hosts this celebration of food, music and dancing from October 27-29. Enjoy a live auction, art show, Cajun market and cake decorating contest.
- The Red River Revel – Set in Shreveport’s downtown and riverfront, this celebration of visual and performing arts is run by a non-profit organization and takes place from September 29 to October 8.
- The Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival – This festival of Cajun, Creole and Zydeco culture takes place from May 4-6 in Breaux Bridge, which lies less than 10 miles from Lafayette and is the crawfish capital of the world.
- Mardi Gras New Orleans – The next edition of this world-famous annual event kicks off on March 2, 2019 with a weekend of festivities. Don’t miss this bucket-list event, packed with colorful carnivals, costumes, music and dancing.
Would you like to attend one of these top Louisiana events? Then get a private jet charter quote to fly from Florida to Louisiana in luxury.