Private jet charter from Iowa to Nebraska
Whether you’re set on a Nebraska vacation or planning to visit on business, chartering a private plane allows you to access the state at your own convenience and in your own time.
Here, we’ll list our top picks for what to do in Nebraska, as well as some of the best private jet airports in each state and examples of travel times between the two.
Top private jet airports in Iowa
- Audubon County Airport is located one mile southeast of the central business district of Audubon.
- The Eastern Iowa Airport is a commercial airport in Cedar Rapids, located on Wright Brothers Boulevard about two miles west of Interstate 380.
- Sioux Center Municipal Airport, located three miles north of Sioux Center, covers around 160 acres of land and has one runway with an asphalt surface.
Top private jet airports in Nebraska
- Central Nebraska Regional Airport is three miles northeast of Grand Island. The airport was presented the 3rd District Excellence in Economic Development Award by Congressman Adrian Smith in August 2018.
- Eppley Airfield is a medium hub international airport three miles northeast of downtown Omaha, Nebraska. It is the state’s largest airport, serving 10 times more passengers than all other airports in its county combined.
- Lincoln Airport is a public and military airport five miles northwest of Downtown Lincoln, the state capital, in Lancaster County. It’s the second-largest airport in Nebraska and regularly handles large charter flights used by visiting college football teams that play the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
- Landing at North Platte Regional Airport, three miles east of North Platte, brings you close to attractions like the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park, Feather River Winery and Grain Bin Antique Town.
How long does it take to fly from Iowa to Nebraska?
- Flights to Nebraska take just 24 minutes from Des Moines International to Eppley Airfield on a Cessna 208 Grand Caravan that seats up to 14 passengers. This single-engined turboprop can be fitted with various types of landing gear for landings on snow, unprepared runways or water.
- Flying from Audubon County Airport to Central Nebraska Regional Airport takes 38 minutes in a Bell 407. This helicopter is fast and easy to maneuver, and seats six passengers in open club style. It has a four-bladed, all-composite rotor system that makes for a smooth ride.
- From Eastern Iowa Airport to North Platte Regional Airport takes one hour and 17 minutes on the Beechcraft King Air 100, which carries eight people.
- You’ll get from Sioux Center Municipal Airport to Lincoln Airport in 33 minutes in a Bell 206B Jet Ranger, a single-engine helicopter for four passengers that's often used for traffic reporting, air ambulance transportation and corporate trips.
Top places to visit in Nebraska
Go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid
Visit the birthplace of Kool-Aid on a trip to the Hastings Museum Kool-Aid Exhibit. The museum honors Edwin Perkins, who invented the iconic drink in the Nebraska town of Hastings in 1927. Exhibits include old packaging and advertisements, and visitors can follow a fiber-optic river of Kool-Aid that flows through the museum’s lower level.
Get a piece of the #1 cookbook publisher in the country
Visit the Morris Press Cookbook Store in Kearney, a family-owned publisher and printing works that's survived economic booms and crashes since 1933. It began focusing on personalized cookbooks for families, schools and churches in the ’80s, and it’s these additional unsold cookbooks that you can buy. Take along your family recipes and you could leave with your very own personalized cookbook.
Pioneer Time Warp
Visit Harold Warp's Pioneer Village in Minden and you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’ve stepped back into a bygone age. The replica of a small pioneer town houses thousands of Americana artifacts. The village was created by Harold Warp, who worked his way from childhood poverty to become a millionaire plastics magnate. As a tribute to the opportunities America had given him, he bought a number of historic buildings from his hometown and moved them to a new town square, which became the Pioneer Village living museum. Since the birth of the village in 1950, it has continued to grow and acquire many rare pieces of Americana.
Mosaic in Nebraska State Capitol
A gorgeous art deco mosaic in the Nebraska State Capitol in Lincoln is a colorful depiction of modern and prehistoric life in Nebraska, reflected in the natural elements of water, fire, air and earth. The work was designed by Hildreth Meière, a New York artist, along with the building’s architect and a professor at the University of Nebraska. You can view other murals by the artist in the capitol building on ceilings and floors in the building’s vestibule, foyer and Senate Chamber, as well as the entrance doors to the House of Representatives.
Head to Alliance for a bit of Carhenge fun. The Stonehenge replica created with automobiles is the brainchild of experimental artist Jim Reinders, who decided to take an Americanized approach to England’s Stonehenge. He’s done this using cars, pick-up trucks, an ambulance and a 1962 Cadillac. The sculpture is a proportionately accurate depiction of Stonehenge.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from Iowa to Nebraska?
The cost of your trip will depend on the type of aircraft you charter and the route you take. We go into some more detail of flight costs in our blog about how much it costs to hire a private plane. To get precise quotes for your journey, however, speak to our team online or call us on +1 516 432 5901. Once we’ve addressed all your questions, we’ll assign you a dedicated account manager who will take care of everything. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy your flight.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7