How to fly from New York to Georgia by private jet
Do you need to travel from New York to Georgia? Charter a private jet and enjoy the luxury of a more exclusive travelling experience.
We’ve put together a handy travel guide to help you plan your next journey from New York to Georgia. It includes New York State airports you can charter a private jet from, details on Georgia’s cities and airports, flight times and costs, and three aircraft comparisons.
Private jet airports in the state of New York
Your journey starts with selecting a departure airport. Whether you’re flying from a major city like New York or someplace more remote, Air Charter Service offers a convenient travel solution from 49 US states and 424 cities worldwide. Below are five cities in the state of New York which boasts private jet airports.
1. New York City
According to Port Authority statistics, over 3,000 passenger jets, cargo planes, helicopters, seaplanes and private jets pass through New York City airports on a daily basis. When it comes to finding a point of departure in this buzzing metropolis, there’s no shortage of airports, which is partly why chartering a private jet is such a popular route for business aviation passengers and leisure travelers who prefer a more exclusive traveling experience.
Located about 20 miles south of the Thousand Islands, Watertown is served by over 20 airports, the largest of which is Watertown International Airport, located five miles west of the central business district.
Traveling from Plattsburgh? Hop onto a private jet from Plattsburgh International Airport, conveniently located three miles south of the central business district. Alternatively, let our team of aviation specialists arrange a charter from one of the many other smaller airports, such as Secret Spot Airport to the south, or Mountain View Airpark to the west.
Travelers departing from Binghamton, Broome County, are spoilt for choice with about 30 private jet airports servicing the greater Binghamton area – from Lars Private Airport to the west, White Birch Field to the east, Husky Haven Airport to the south, or the Greater Binghamton Airport (also known as Broome County Airport), located only eight miles north of Binghamton.
The Schenectady region has dozens of airports, including Duanesburg Airport, which also serves as the base of the Duanesburg Skydiving Club, and Schenectady County Airport, which is conveniently located three miles north of the central business district.
Top 5 cities with private jet airports in Georgia
Located in the southeastern United States, Georgia is the ninth most populous state with just over 9.5 million inhabitants. Below is a guide to five private-jet-friendly destinations in Georgia: Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Savannah and Columbus.
The state capital and birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement, Atlanta serves as a major hub for travel throughout the southeastern United States. Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport is located seven miles south of the central business district, Atlanta South Regional Airport is just three miles west of the city centre, while Fulton County Airport – also known as Charlie Brown Field – is located just 10 miles from Downtown Atlanta.
Located in northeast Georgia, Athens is known for its antebellum architecture, which marks the start of the state's Antebellum Trail of historic Civil War towns. Should you want to charter a private jet to Athens, look no further than Air Charter Service. Athens Ben Epps Airport, a county-owned, public-use facility, sits just three miles east of the city’s central business district.
Located on the central eastern border, Augusta is home to the Augusta National Golf Club where the world-renowned Masters Tournament is played. Hire a private airplane to Augusta Regional Airport, just minutes from the course.
This coastal city is located on the Savannah River across from the state of South Carolina and is known for its manicured parks, historic districts, cobblestoned squares, horse-drawn carriages and the Gothic-Revival Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist. Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is located seven nautical miles northwest of the central business district.
Located in the western Muscogee County, Columbus is home to attractions like the National Civil War Naval Museum, the Chattahoochee Riverwalk, the Coca-Cola Space Science Center and the Columbus Museum. Columbus Airport, located three miles northeast of the central business district, is Georgia’s fourth busiest airport.
If you’re planning a journey to another city in Georgia, use our airport guide to find the most convenient private jet airport.
How long is a flight from New York to Georgia?
Chartering a private jet from New York to Georgia could take from just under two hours to nearly three hours, depending on the route you travel and your choice of aircraft. For example, chartering a very light jet like the Embraer Phenom 100 from Plattsburgh International Airport to Columbus Airport takes three hours; while flying from Greater Binghamton Airport to Augusta Regional Airport in a heavy jet like the Gulfstream V takes around two hours.
For ease of reference, we’ve compared flight duration estimates of three different aircraft types from Teterboro Airport (TEB) near Manhattan, New York to Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) in Georgia:
- Very Light Jet: Two hours 19 minutes
- Midsize Jet: Two hours four minutes
- Heavy Jet: Two hours four minutes
If you need guidance in choosing the aircraft that best suits your needs, contact Air Charter Service and a consultant will gladly assist. Or use our aircraft guide to compare different options.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from New York to Georgia?
We often get asked how much it costs to charter a private jet. Several factors need to be considered, such as the distance, number of passengers and type of aircraft. Our pricing guide will give you a good idea of costs – however as an example, a private jet flight from Teterboro Airport (TEB) in New York to Columbus Airport in Georgia could cost between $16,400 and $71,100 depending on your choice of aircraft:
Very light jets like the Eclipse 500 550: $16,400 - $23,900
- A great combination of performance and efficiency at a cost-effective price
- Can take up to four passengers
- Leaves a minimal carbon footprint
Midsize jets like the Hawker Beechcraft 800: $18,800 - $50,800
- Good cabin volume compared to similar jets
- Can take up to eight passengers
- Has an enclosed lavatory, flight attendant and entertainment center
Heavy Jets like the Gulfstream V: $29,200 - $71,100
- Offers an ultra-long range
- Can take up to 16 passengers
- Has an enclosed lavatory, flight attendant and entertainment center
Top 2018 events in Georgia
Named after King George II of Great Britain and also known as the ‘Peach State’, Georgia offers visitors a fun atmosphere, great food, entertainment, shopping and a variety of spectacular events.
Arrange a private airplane to these top events in Georgia in 2018:
- The 2018 Masters is the 82nd edition of the tournament and the first of four major golfing championships in 2018, taking place from Monday, April 2nd to Sunday, April 8th at the Augusta National Golf Club.
- The Most Admired CEO Awards take place at the InterContinental Buckhead, Atlanta on August 23rd, 2018. Meet and mingle with Atlanta’s most accomplished business leaders.
- The Atlanta Opera presents The Atlanta Opera Ball, a glamorous highlight in the Atlanta formal celebration season to raise money to support mainstage productions. It will be held at the opulent St Regis Atlanta on Saturday, February 10th.
- The University of Georgia Performing Arts Center presents Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center: Brahms and Dvořák, a musical pairing that brings to life the creative energy that reverberated between the German neo-classicist, Brahms and the champion of Czech folk music, Dvořák. The performance, which takes place on Thursday, January 25th at the Hodgson Concert Hall in Athens, presents a glowing array of musical masterpieces.
- Symphony Orchestra Augusta presents Chopin and Beethoven – a spectacular performance of Chopin Piano Concerto No. 1 and Beethoven Symphony No. 7, on Saturday, April 21st at the Miller Theater, Augusta.
- Fountain City Mardi Gras launches a Carnival Costume Parade on Saturday, March 10th in Columbus. This vibrant event adds a flavor of Caribbean culture to the Fountain City Mardi Gras Festival.
If you’d like to attend one of Georgia’s top events, get a private plane quote today. We will source the right private plane for you.
SELECT UP TO MORE -
YOUR SELECTED AIRCRAFT ARE READY TO COMPARECOMPARE NOW
- DEDICATED ACCOUNT MANAGERS
- NO OBLIGATIONS
- 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- AVAILABLE 24/7